GoPro Hero HD

mfischler

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

angelsneverlose

NICE OP!

I ALSO have this camera and these F'n ROCK! I have no idea how that dont vibrate, but they dont! I have always gotten rock soild video's even when one time, i literally stuck it on the shock itself!

I have the non-HD version though, but the pics is still amazing! i may decide to upgrade to the new HD one, but im trying to decide if its worth it... becuase the normal one is so good already i mean

mfischler

Elite Member

angelsneverlose

Yeah, i like how it come with everything you need except card (which it can do 4GB now, and batteries)

i used the suction cup on the tank for both my track days!

other had this stuck all over for what was prolly very cool perspectives

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
He's got the new HD which does up to 32 GB card, 8 hrs of video, rechargeable battery pack, optional addon secondary battery pack, runs off the car charger as well. :D Mine is expected in the next couple days! ;)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I know what to ask the wife for Christmas, especially after spending a ton of money on her new riding gear, which she has only worn around the house. :rant:

JSP

Super Moderator
WOW! That is some great video! :thumbup:

DanielW0830

I like the High mount over the low mount.

and the audio is very nice.

FZ6R's sound so nice stock. :steve:

Top1Dog525

Extremely Nice Footage! What exhaust you got on your bike, sounds great!

Did the mount for the camera to go onto the front fork come with the camera?

Last edited:

mfischler

Elite Member

mfischler

Elite Member

Roaddawg

That camera is great. I like the high mount view better. The low one made me feel like one of those downhill luge racers. :D

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Here are my first two tests with the camera today. Swingarm mount (YouTube still processing it for HD):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvm4zTSL4E0]YouTube - GoPro HD on a 2009 FZ1 swingarm[/ame]

Helmet mounted. YouTube finally made it available in HD so be sure to click that to watch:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldGUMWjzkQ]YouTube - GoPro HD on a helmet[/ame]

porky45

the helmet cam is a trip!

Top1Dog525

Quality

How good of quality is the material the mounting brackets are made of? Was looking at them on Motorcycle Superstore and a person had said that the materials are kinda cheap and don't seem to last long. Since you mounted yours on the front fork just wondering what your opinion is.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
How good of quality is the material the mounting brackets are made of? Was looking at them on Motorcycle Superstore and a person had said that the materials are kinda cheap and don't seem to last long. Since you mounted yours on the front fork just wondering what your opinion is.
They use the industrial automotive 3M tape to adhere the mounts. It's all about how well you degrease and clean the surface before mounting them. The material itself is plastic but very strong, thick parts, not something that is going to give out with use or vibrations. They guarantee the mounts themselves, but they don't guarantee the adhesion because they cannot inspect how well the surface was cleaned prior to mounting. I was confident enough to mount it to the radiator shroud, swingarm and helmet. :D No problems!

mfischler

Elite Member

angelsneverlose

And if you look at the pics I posted at the beginning of the thread, not all of the mounts rely on the adhesive. The ones I used are suction cup (very strong) and a clamp type mount (again very strong). As F1inNH mentions, the plastic appears to be high impact and is very solid - not cheap at all.
the mounts are very strong for plastic and the adhesive is VERY good! Even the suction cup on tank is rediculous strong.

if you search, there is was a video of a Moto GP rider with this camera setup, and he ended up crashing! during this, the camera stayed attached, and continued recording w/o skips the whole time!

i have the required no HD one and its stiill fantastic