Good Price?

Churry

Hey all,

I have a FZ6r i'm looking to get from craigslist. Here are the highlights:

Up for sale is my 2009 White Yamaha FZ6R. The bike has 4200 miles on it. The service has always been done by professionals. There are some upgrades to the bike to include the following;

1. Fender eliminator
2. Integrated tailight
3. Proton Flush Mounts
4. Rim tape
5. Frames sliders, spoolers and handle bar ends.
6. Clean and clear title in hand

I am looking for 5500 obo. Would like to purchase a new bike within the next few months.

He asks 5500, I put in an offer for 4500. He didn't accept directly, but said to come and take a look at the bike. You guys think 4500 is a good price point for the bike?

Thanks!

RoadTrip

5500 is full retail used, 4500 is a bargain, 5000 would be a good meeting point. The upgrades add no value, but he should know that.

5000 is a friendly price since he did do the upgrades, but it better be in perfect condition, and make sure and test ride it and look it over real good, I wonder if it has a transferrable factory warranty - when did he buy it?

yfz6r

Anything over 4500 is a ripoff for an 09, white with over 4k miles. 4500 is the going price and that was at the middle of summer.

RoadTrip

well, I guess it depends on the area - shop around, and look on the internet for used prices, they were over $5K for used 09's here in Texas last time I checked craigslist, prices seem to fluctuate a lot, depends on how many of a particular bike are available at a given time, and whether new ones can be obtained at heavy discounts.

when I got my new '09 FZ6R last Christmas, it was $6300 OTD, good luck finding one for that price now in my area. I mean pricing is really weird, you see 3yr old used gixxers with 1000 miles for $6K, but then the used FZ6R's are fetching $5K+, it's all about demand and availability for that particular model.

Fizzer6R

Anything over 4500 is a ripoff for an 09, white with over 4k miles. 4500 is the going price and that was at the middle of summer.
I wouldn't call it a rip off, I'd say more like avg... and prices in CA might be slightly higher.

Fizzer6R

5500 is retail? I saw 5000 from KBB, or does kbb undervalue the bike?
it's really just an idea what prices are going for. for example, NADA (another book value) is:

Pricing
Suggested List Price Low
Retail Average Retail
Base Price $7,090 $4,110 $5,410

Tmak73

I'd say 4900 tops. At least thats what I would be willing to pay. I got mine for 5300 but around 6200 OTD but mine had all kinds of mods done including a full 2 bros exhaust.

yfz6r

May have went overboard by saying ripoff. The fact is, these bikes can be had for 4500 or less with a little effort. At this time, there are three within 100 miles of me for 4500 obo. One black, one blue, one yellow. All have around 5k miles on them.

CDN6R

Well all I can say is that I got $5550 (US) for mine (2009)a couple of weeks ago and it was stock with 3000 miles on it. Of course I do live in Canada.

yfz6r

That sounds right for Canada. I remember members talking about how much higher the bike was new in Canada. I recall directly, about 1500-2000 more than in the states