Going to be getting one soon....

FZ6Rin321

so a list of good and easy mods to do at first would be? i mean i've read what most of you have said on other threads but on most of those threads you dont explain why your adding what you are... and since i'm new to this ...

for instance i know why i'd want a FE kit... and frame sliders. and flush mount turn signals and apex clip ons... (loved those) cant think of any others off the top of my head. but you get the point. are there any i overlooked that would be good to look into? and that would be easy for someone who hasnt worked on a bike before?

bakkenlab

so a list of good and easy mods to do at first would be? i mean i've read what most of you have said on other threads but on most of those threads you dont explain why your adding what you are... and since i'm new to this ...

for instance i know why i'd want a FE kit... and frame sliders. and flush mount turn signals and apex clip ons... (loved those) cant think of any others off the top of my head. but you get the point. are there any i overlooked that would be good to look into? and that would be easy for someone who hasnt worked on a bike before?
The first one i did was mod the exhaust, the stock is just to quiet and i hated the look of it. I did a 4-2-1 r6 headers with a viper slip on and you can hear the thing from a mile away...The main reason why i got the exhaust was so people could hear me when im passing there blind spots, or just so they can hear me in general. It also added about 2-4 increase in hp so theres always room for more power.

It wasn't hard to install at all, just follow marthys post's and it'll be a breeze

FZ6Rin321

cross your fingers everyone my friend is trying to cosign for me so i can get it =) if not i have to wait for income taxes. i sat on the 2011 black one. loved it. extremely comfortable. way easier to get to the pegs and such. (compared to the gsxr1000) Hopefully they're going to finance me a helm/jacket/gloves/boots with it =))

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

FZ6Rin321

Don't believe "everyone." There are just as many people who will tell you that you can go just as fast on a Ninja 250 as you can on a liter bike*. It's as much about your riding skills ability as it is about the bike's power.

* except in a straight line :)
most of my riding will be commute on the interstate... and a 250 on the interstate is at an extreme disadvantage..

kevin8198

Elite Member

e.blackadder

Well i plan on taking steps to insure i wont be lusting.. i.e. frame sliders and full coverage. was quoted 38 a month...

I will say that i am definitely inexperienced but that doesnt mean i need to buy an older bike. just means i need to learn how to be careful... and if that fails report a claim... lol
Hey, good luck! Welcome to the club!

FZ6Rin321

Get used to the bike in the upright position before lowering the handle bars. Sure it looks cool but your back will love you for riding a little more upright.:D Plus it's not as upright as some bikes, and you can always lean foreward onto the gas tank if you want to. Good luck with the financing and happy riding. Make sure you break her in as the manual suggests.
lol... well i saw a thread regarding break ins... and it said that alot of power/engine breaking is the best way? keeping the bike under the specified rpm for prolonged periods is possible even when taking it up and down the tach...
if that makes sense ..

Detrich

generally-speaking, i wouldn't rely on insurance for anything except for major mishaps or unless u are clearly not at fault. not sure how it is in florida, but vehicle insurance is a slippery slope- in california at least...

over here, most major carriers here won't insure a super sport in the first 3 years of your m1 license. and, those that do want about as much as it costs to insure an econo car. so, what to do, right? also, vehicle insurance is a fair-weathered friend. that is, generally-speaking, u get one major f-up within each 3 year period. for non-at-faults, you get 2 f-ups... any more than that, and they'll either drop u immediately after paying out your claim, or they'll raise ur rates to the point where they're really not so friendly anymore...

FZ6Rin321

generally-speaking, i wouldn't rely on insurance for anything except for major mishaps or unless u are clearly not at fault. not sure how it is in florida, but vehicle insurance is a slippery slope- in california at least...

over here, most major carriers here won't insure a super sport in the first 3 years of your m1 license. and, those that do want about as much as it costs to insure an econo car. so, what to do, right? also, vehicle insurance is a fair-weathered friend. that is, generally-speaking, u get one major f-up within each 3 year period. for non-at-faults, you get 2 f-ups... any more than that, and they'll either drop u immediately after paying out your claim, or they'll raise ur rates to the point where they're really not so friendly anymore...

So far state farm has been great and they quoted me like 40 a month for full coverage with a 200$ deductible.. i've never been in an at fault wreck.. so i'm at least confident if i take a fall in a 5mph left turn on gravelly roads i wont have to cry to long about the f-ed fairings and gas tank lol.. (seems to me thats the most common noob wreck.)

*edit* if you saw what the last sentence before this edit you'll be happy to know i went and read the rules xD

Last edited:

FZ6Rin321

okay so i've got a question. i've heard alot of talk about a powerband. but honestly i dont know what it is... anyone feel like giving a thorough explanation? i guess it seems kinda like a honda's vtech?