Girl vs Girl Rant

MikeN02

Just a little rant to get it off my chest.

Was at Dinner with my sister and her friends. One of the friends arrives late (girl and guy) and so they sat down and starting talking the usual etc. Apparently the girl and her boyfriend are taking their MSF course. The girl said she had trouble with the clutch because it was "stiff" and so she stalled out about 5 times and couldn't get it. Instructor told her she can go home for the day.

My sister suggested that she come over one of these days and practice on her bike and she asked what bike my sister has. My sister still being new (about 4 months of riding on and off) told her she has a Ninja 250R, and she responded with, "oh... the b*tch bike" of course my sister gets offended but doesn't show it. I'm a little offended by this too.

So later on after dinner I asked her about it and she said yeah, she hopped on her friend's R1 and took a picture on it with the caption "R1, this is going to be my first bike!" and so I eased her anger a little by saying at least you have a bike to ride, she won't know what she's doing nor how to control that power. More cc's you go up the less reaction time you have. I want my sister to stay on the 250R a little bit longer before she upgrades and let me tell you she's been dying to upgrade, though she agrees that it was a really good idea to start on the 250.

/End Rant

Spunky99

That girl was insensitive for sure calling Sis' bike a bitch bike.
I rode an automatic 125cc step through in on Bali and it was fine as a bigger bike would not have been able to go any faster with the traffic and conditions. No one there had any issues with other people's bikes so I wonder where we get our attitude from?

I did my MSF course on a Ninja 250 and almost bought one but I'm too heavy for the bike in traffic and I needed something that could get me out of trouble. I got the FZ6R and am happy with it. I'd love to have a R1 or a 1000RR but didn't want to spend the $$ for extra power I didn't need. In town a FZ6R is just as fast as any other bike given the traffic and conditions just like it was in Bali. With a lighter rider the Ninja 250 is fine too around town.

As a side note...you are a good Brother for making Sis learn on the 250 and keeping her there until she is ready to upgrade. I'm prepping a YSR50 for the stock division M1 racing season start next year in February and I expect to have a blast. Trying to race in the bigger bike classes adds a lot of danger if you don't have the basic techniques down pat. Same on the street.

Here's a pat on the back and an Attaboy....:iconbeer:

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

MikeN02

Thanks all for replying their own stories. Just got on my nerves that someone who can't even pass the course is judging someone because they at least ride but are taking it step by step.

I always tell new riders, "ask anyone and the majority of people will tell you it isn't a good idea to start on a 600cc bike".

But I was talking to her b/f, he's about 6'2 and about 200 lbs. Pretty big guy, he said he would like to start small but it wouldn't look right or he'll grow out of it. So I told him he can start on a 600cc but he has to have A LOT of self control.

I don't know, I just really hate how someone learns a little bit about something and that's all they ever say to make it seem like they know a lot.
Like how everyone thinks they know guns just because they know AK-47...

creggur

You can't help the truly foolish, and this is the same crap my wife caught when she started on a Ninja 250. From other women riders, no less!

Let me tell you something, and I've been riding for over 30 years - that little Ninja was an absolute blast to ride! I know it's nearly cliche, but it's a lot more fun going fast on a slow bike, than slow on a fast bike. And for my money, no better bike to learn on than one you can pick up cheap, build your skills and confidence on, and then sell for what you bought it for. This goes for her boyfriend too - I'm 6' 180 and the Ninja 250 was just fine - who gives a damn what it looks like! He may outgrow it fast, but it's ok because if he finds a good used one, he'll recoup his investment when he sells it. We paid $1700 for Tracie's 07 with 1500 ticks on the odometer - sold it 7 months later for $1700 with 4500 miles on it. Talk about cheap 3,000 miles of learning!

Only a moron would jump on an R1 as their first bike. Many do, get tossed or the absolute hell scared out of themselves, and the bike becomes a garage ornament until they sell it a year later and lose their ass on the deal.

Don't even try to fix 'stupid' - and tell your sister she's doing it right and will be a much more skilled, confident, and safe rider for it! In the end, if she's happy with the bike that's all that matters - let fools be fools - it provides a healthy market of cheap, one-owner bikes or plenty of used parts available from the salvage yard once they throw them down the road. Just my humble opinion...

Last edited:

Dunkirk

Mike, the story stinks much more like ladies looking down on each other if the handbag was not an LV, or the ride's not BMW. What can you say to this story? Hope your friends reach maturity without either giving all their money to fashion, or their skin to the pavement.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

owldaddy

she hopped on her friend's R1 and took a picture on it with the caption "R1, this is going to be my first bike!"
Please make sure she has filled out her "Organ Donor" card......

creggur

There's a guy (yes a guy) in our riding group who's been riding for a few years now who still rides 250's. He drags knee on his 2005 Ninja 250. I could barely hang onto him yesterday without pushing myself too hard. On the second run down the hill, he was actually right on the tail of one of the best riders in our group on an Aprilia RSV4! And they were on it on the second lap after the road had been scouted. The only place we would have to back off for him was the long up hill straights we hit, but we always slow down on the straights anyways. If you're a good rider, you can make it fast and there's no better bike to learn to be a good rider on.

However, if my wife decides to get her license, her first bike will be a used 250.
I've seen this happen before as well. Nothing funnier than a skilled rider on a 250 walking away from squid-laden liter-bikes... Anyone can twist a right wrist - it takes skill to really ride!

Couldn't imagine my wife starting out on a 600cc bike - it would've been a disaster. Those 250's are plenty of bike to learn on and very, very forgiving.. Just what a noob needs IMHO...

Roaddawg

Like Creggur said..."Can't fix stupid".

I wold have been laughing my ass off at her after she said that to your sister about her bike...Hell, she left the MSF class because she couldn't hack the clutch (on their 250's I assume). I bet your sister could ride circles around her all day long on her lil' ol' 250!! Screw that chick...she's a fool.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

Yeah, I know this especially with the redesigned 250's. Sister has the 08 250R with only 2,500 mi on it.

Like I said, really hate people who don't research their stuff before they get into something or even ask for help. Sure you can drive a Lambo as your first car but you'll feel worst when you hit that pole than if you hit it with a beater.

DakinechicK

I wold have been laughing my ass off at her after she said that to your sister about her bike...Hell, she left the MSF class because she couldn't hack the clutch (on their 250's I assume). I bet your sister could ride circles around her all day long on her lil' ol' 250!! Screw that chick...she's a fool.
++++++++1 on that comment roaddawg!

Sounds to me like she wants a little attention eh?! Girls who talk that big are absolute morons and are just seeking, like I said, ATTenTion. They want to sound all badass looking so guys, and girls for that matter, will OOOOOO and AHHHH over how awesome she seems. She's an idiot and what I would have told her is "Ya know, Why don't you keep telling yourself that, oh bright one. You couldn't even manage the clutch on a 250!! Good luck with that R1....:rolleyes:

There's nothing like getting a huge cc bike and riding it like a tool. Let her dig her own hole.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

DanielW0830

Mike,
I took the MSF class.

They were Honda Rebels (250)
They were pretty sloppy and had a hard time starting.
(Carbs?)

After the class I researched a bunch of bikes.
People said buy a Ninja 650 or a 500. You don't want a 250.
At least 3 times while learning to ride the 250, I let the clutch out a little quick and leaped forward.
Once I almost went up on a curb. Another time I lifted the front tire a few inches. (not easy to do on the 250)
Another time a bucked forward and shifted into second. Scary when a bunch of cars are closing in behind you and you have less power.

I can tell you this:
If I had a 1k bike, how would the outcome of those three "events" have gone? I'm thinking not too good. :rolleyes:
A 600cc bike is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more power than anyone would need as a commuting bike. I don't race.
There have been a few times I've have had people come 5-10 feet from the back of my bike going 30 mph. I small twist of the wrist solves that problem. It worked on the 250 as well.
(I'm 180, 5'10")

Also, lots of people love to race the Ninja 250 because it is VERY easy to corner with. :)
example: RaceBikeRentals.com | Kawasaki Ninja 250R 250 Race Racebike Trackday Rentals WSMC Willow Springs Raceway
WSMC Ninja 250R Cup Race November 16, 2008 at Willow Springs
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzp_TboNOSE&feature=related]YouTube - WSMC Ninja 250R Cup Race November 16, 2008 at Willow Springs[/ame]

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

redwing-2001

Thanks all for replying their own stories. Just got on my nerves that someone who can't even pass the course is judging someone because they at least ride but are taking it step by step.

I always tell new riders, "ask anyone and the majority of people will tell you it isn't a good idea to start on a 600cc bike".

But I was talking to her b/f, he's about 6'2 and about 200 lbs. Pretty big guy, he said he would like to start small but it wouldn't look right or he'll grow out of it. So I told him he can start on a 600cc but he has to have A LOT of self control.

I don't know, I just really hate how someone learns a little bit about something and that's all they ever say to make it seem like they know a lot.
Like how everyone thinks they know guns just because they know AK-47...
I have been facilitating the MSF BRC for over almost 5 years and just finished my 110th class last weekend. I had the pleasure of working with several RiderCoach Trainers from Florida on 2 occasions so I can speak with reasonable assurance that this lady was NOT asked to leave because she couldn't operate her "stiff" clutch. There are 2 situations that we will ask a student to leave 1) consistantly unsafe actions to themselves or others. 2) not responding to coaching. When a student is asked to leave, it should be no surprise because that student would have had a few conversations about the problem before hand and told what to do to correct it and the consequences for not.
She came up with the story to save face.
Your sister rides is and taking the correct steps and sequence to become a good rider and also has some solid mentors to help her along the way.
Her friend is just jealous.
Good on your sister!

JnT4Life

Her friend is just jealous.
I agree. This girl bought garage candy that she can't even ride. I would have commented "Oh a liter bike as your first ride? I will be sure to send flowers. That is if you ever get it out of the garage."