Gearing FZ6R

2much4u

Im so new to my bike, but what is the gears. Like is it 1 down five up and so on. I know this is such a stupid question but agian this is my first bike. So where is 1 st, 2nd, and so on ? Thanks so much

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

k6gad

In addition to MSF take a few minutes to read the manual. There are a lot of interesting tidbits in there it will save you a lot of time.

2much4u

1 down, 5 up (6 speed). You should definitely sign up for the local equivalent of MSF (motorcycle safety foundation). Their classes are invaluable for new riders.
I plan on being one of the first to take it this year. Best 500 bucks you can spend. Waiting on the snow to be gone then i will be there.

Thanks

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Well at least you chose a good bike to start off on! I started off on this bike and don't regret it! I'm sure if I had started off on a R6 or R1 I would be dead by now.............I'd be alot happier, but I'd be dead!

2much4u

Actually they are around $150-$200 for beginner per person and get cheaper with the other classes because at that point you'll use your own bike.
The weekend course down here is like 450 and you use there bike. Everything is more in Canada

joloy133

It really is worth it, my class had guys who have ridden for 20+ years before taking the course for insurance purposes who wish they had taken it earlier. (You just don't practice low speed balance and counter steering techniques, in addition to all the other topics covered.) My 2 cents....JL

Sage

Here in Illinois its $20 bucks to reserve your spot but you can either donate it to the course or get it back at the end.

herbie

If your asking about the gear seqence any amount it costs for a basic course is certainly worth it good luck out there