Gas fillup issues

L

LERecords

really.. even if it was an extra $5 a tank.. i can justify it.. keeping the bike in top running performance is high on my list.. i dont care if its a few extra bucks here and there... i love the fact that every time i go to start it.. it starts.. goes.. and still looks and runs as good as the day i got it... :thumbup:

fz6recon

I guess the frequent acceleration and deceleration would explain my gas mileage. Well sorta since my ride in the morning is pretty easy with very little to no traffic. But in the afternoon I encounter the military equivalent of rush hour. Right now I'm averaging 20 miles per gas gauge indicator bar.

fz6rwolf

Gas gauge indicator bars are not good for calculating mpg at all. Only way is using trip mileage against gallons put in.

fz6recon

Well I reset the trip mileage counter every time I fill up but on my way to work in the mornings I like to try to do the math in my head using the gas gauge bars then use that information against my last known mileage on a full tank.

S

shreveport1

I guess the frequent acceleration and deceleration would explain my gas mileage. Well sorta since my ride in the morning is pretty easy with very little to no traffic. But in the afternoon I encounter the military equivalent of rush hour. Right now I'm averaging 20 miles per gas gauge indicator bar.
:rof::iconbeer::shakehead::smoking: DUDE!!!!............LOOSEN UP!!!.........you sir are a biker now.......go sit and stare at your bike and just admire the craftsmanship that went into it's creation........then decide about what you would like to change and upgrade to suit your personal preferences sir!!!!......then start a new thread posting your newest modification.....ENJOY YOURSELF SIR!!!!......YOU DESERVE IT!!!:D F&#K THE MILEAGE!!!!!:rockon:
:D

Roaddawg

How the heck are you guys only getting 20-21 MPG?!?! :confused: You guys must be using that special math!!:thumbup: The fuel gauge bars are NOT the way to determine your mileage. Fill your tank to the bottom of the cup, reset your trip meter, ride about 150 miles, fill tank the same again and divide your trip miles by gallons added. (150/3.2=46.9)

phocoyote7

MNDZA

How the heck are you guys only getting 20-21 MPG?!?! :confused: You guys must be using that special math!!:thumbup: The fuel gauge bars are NOT the way to determine your mileage. Fill your tank to the bottom of the cup, reset your trip meter, ride about 150 miles, fill tank the same again and divide your trip miles by gallons added. (150/3.2=46.9)
Haha special math is cool