Galfer Stainless brake line, help needed!

Deathdiesel

Hey guys, just got some galfer stainless steel braided brake lines, and was installing them now, and noticed the OEM lines, one is short, and the other long. Well with the galfer lines, both are exact same length.

Anyone have input on this? Pictures of yours please? I have a feeling they just sold me a universal kit, because this one seems like it wants to have both routed to the master cylinder compared to two lines meet at the left caliper, and one line crosses to the right.

Help please.

travisH3

How long is the galfer lines compared to stock? If they are both as long as the longer oem one I would say its just a universal kit, if it's shorter I would say u got the wrong ones. Not sure though

Do you have a diesel? I have a 2010 f350 6.4 with h&s hot damn tuning, 5" turbo back exhaust with 4" down pipe, afe stage 2 and a few other smaller things for about 560-580hp hoping to get elite tow power x compounds to replace my factory twins and more fuel lol

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

got them, they only have universal, you have to move the "joint" to the right hand side....

it's dark, but if you really need pics, let me know.

uh, not the best close-up, but you can see:

Huh Do you have to? I kept mine on the left, although im not 100% on it.

Deathdiesel

Nvm got it figured out, Just had to do some adjustments. Really irritates me that they arent custom made for our bikes though.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

I see the Galfer come in color now, I think back when I got mine, they only had the SS and only had the universal. We tried putting the joint at the mc, but when turned full lock, it wasn't happening.

I see they've made a '6r specific kit now. good to know
Not Specific, its universal. But they do have colored ones, I went with black coated lines, and red banjo bolts and fitments

I put mine the same way as factory, but its going to take a little fine tuning to avoid any rubbing issues. Zip ties ftw.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member