FZ6R Pics and Mods

H

Hawnted

So I got an FZ6R a couple of weeks ago, just in time for Christmas. Had a chance to make some last minute requests to my wife for a few Christmas gifts for the bike. I have not posted pics of my bike so I figured I would kill 2 birds with one stone. The pics are not good, took them on my cell when it was almost dark, but I will get some more up later.

What does everyone think of the dark smoke windshield? Too much? May try to swap it for a light smoke. It seems a little TOO dark.

Mods
  1. Debadged
  2. RAM GPS Mount
  3. R6S Mirrors (Bought the ZX6R Mirrors too, and I am going to try them out this week)
  4. Puig 5547F Dark Smoke Windscreen (may swap for light smoke)
  5. Targa FE Kit
  6. Proton Flush Mount Turn Signals
  7. Motodynamics Integrated Tail Light - Smoked
  8. Custom LED Flasher Relay (to fix rapid blinking)
  9. 12v Fairing Plug
  10. Power Distribution Block

Some notes on the mods.

I use a Nuvi, and already had the RAM mount that replaces one handlebar riser bolt. Works great. A little below the field of view, but I like the location.

I like the look of the R6S mirrors, but they vibrate like crazy, and do not cover the stock indentation on the fairing. The rubber boot also looks pretty cheap. I also bought the ZX6R mirrors for 18 bucks to try out.

The Puig Dark smoke windscreen may be a little too much. I may try to return it for a light smoke. Thoughts?

I love the Targa FE Kit. Install was a breeze and it looks great. They sent me the wrong kit, but did not feel like swapping (wanted clear lenses with amber bulbs). I set my suspension to 5 and bent the plate up a bit to prevent crushing it.

Proton Flushmounts were a breeze to install as well, and look great. Wish they came in a smoked option. These are MUCH brighter than stock.

Motodynamics Integrated tail light looks great in the smoked option. I do not use the "integrated" feature, I use the FE Kit turn signals. I really just got it because it was brighter and smoked.

Custom LED Flasher relay was purchased to fix the rapid rear flashing after installing the Protons.

The 12v fairing plug was an exact copy of this thread: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/how-install-12v-outlet-22391/

For the power distribution block I used this: Electrical Connection accessory power distribution plate - EC.02202 : TwistedThrottle.com. I already owned the kit from my last bike. If I had it to do over again I would have chosen a distribution block with a negative bus. With this one I had to make my own. Not a huge deal, but cleaner if it is all in one. Right now the only thing on it is the 12v plug, but it will soon include heated gear.

And now for the crummy pics:

Attachments

• Yamaha FZ6R - 10.jpg
    Yamaha FZ6R - 10.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 201
  • Yamaha FZ6R - 11.jpg
    Yamaha FZ6R - 11.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 221
  • Yamaha FZ6R - 14.jpg
    Yamaha FZ6R - 14.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Yamaha FZ6R - 22.jpg
    Yamaha FZ6R - 22.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 194
Lookin good! Thanks for posting - especially about the electrical. Getting ready to work on that myself. With the Targa FE, can I keep the original turn signals?

Lookin good! Thanks for posting - especially about the electrical. Getting ready to work on that myself. With the Targa FE, can I keep the original turn signals?

If you use the block I posted, you will need to run to radio shack and get something like this to run your negative bus.

RadioShack® 4-Position Dual-Row Barrier Strips - RadioShack.com

You will also need the jumper to make sure they all become negative.

Otherwise, just get a Centech or BlueSea power block with the negative bus built in. If it were me, I would get the Centech AP-1, it is smaller than the BlueSea stuff. Easier to find a spot. If you run in to snags on the install PM me and I will try to help.

As far as the turn signals, it would be a pain to try to retrofit the stock signals. They use a different mounting system.

Is the puig screen the same size as the stock screen?

p.s. bike is looking nice.

Same size, different shape. I got the racing screen. They have a touring screen that is taller. I just can't decide if I like how dark it is.

Swapped the R6S mirrors out for the ZX-6R mirrors.

Pros
  • Better Visibility
  • Less Vibration (R6S vibration could have been an issue with the install since drilling was required, others report less vibration than I had)
  • Better Looking (Subjective)

Cons (Compared to Stock)
  • Does not "snap" in place when folding in and out. Folding the mirrors is an adjustment done with a hex screw.

Will get more pics out soon.

Same size, different shape. I got the racing screen. They have a touring screen that is taller. I just can't decide if I like how dark it is.

If you ever decide to change screens, im interested in the dark screen you have. :)

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

If you ever decide to change screens, im interested in the dark screen you have. :)

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

I actually am going to sell the screen. I sent you a PM. Let me know if you are interested.

I also listed it in the For Sale section.

Hawnt,

Like the mods. If you're interested I have the light smoke Puig that has seen the road 5 days tops. The dark was back ordered for over a month. Would be interested in a swap.

Back