Fz6r exhaust slip on mod

Bankai

Hey everyone, new here so please don't hurt me :D
OK so I purchased my first bike (2013 fz6r) from a dealership about 6 months ago and the only thing I don't like about it is how quite it is. So I did my research and I know there are no slip on and I would need a whole new exhaust to make it louder, however I did read that u can cut and weld a slip on.

So my question since I don't know much about bikes. Am I able to get any slip on? Also will i need to add something in addition to the slip on? Such as something so it doesn't back fire or stall out etc.. my step father works on tractors and stuff for a living so he said he can do the cutting and welding. Also is there anything I should know about doing this??? Any advice would be great. THANKS!!

Rumpig

Basically you remove the whole system, hacksaw off the factory muffler, weld on a 3" to 2" reducer, then fit the slip on. You'll need to fit the headers back on the bike so you can get the reducer pointing in the right direction, and a slip on that isn't to long as it will stick out a fair way. A fuel controller isn't necessary but most fit them anyway for extra performance. Shorty slip ons are loud.

Attachments

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Forean

I have 2 DIY adapter left if you need one, that should cut the guessing process. Easy to do... if you need a slip-on too I can get a Delkevic DS70 Carbon Fiber or Stainless Stell for few $$$ cheaper.

Adapter $150 shipped, $350.00 with the slip-on. PM me if you are interested.

Question. I did the exhaust mod, but I have a slight bit of backfiring, do I need a PCV and to install block off plates?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Forean

BOP at the least, strongly suggest the PCV

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I need to save up for a PCV..

Before I bite the bullet tho and start the process. do I NEED a PCV to have block off plates installed? I couldn't find any info saying you do or dont.

Rumpig

I need to save up for a PCV..

Before I bite the bullet tho and start the process. do I NEED a PCV to have block off plates installed? I couldn't find any info saying you do or dont.
Nope, do the block offs then get the pcv when you can.