FZ6R almost hits elderly people.

LS6TT

How did you get a drivers license? There's no sign telling you not to jump off your roof either... Or do you need one.
So you're saying there is a law that says if someone is standing on a corner trying to walk to a non corner vehicles must stop to let them walk across, with no signage or signals? Not here in Texas.

People like you ruin these kinda of forums by immediately replying in a smart ass tone and attacking people. I've seen several of your posts, and you fire off right out of the gate often.

Last edited:

Botty12

This guys is definitely going to get the death penalty.
LOL.

On another note...Pedestrian laws around my neck of the woods are governed by the province, and can be further governed by the municipality. Here, it's not technically illegal what those old farts were doing...as it is the motor vehicle's operator to prove who's fault it was...but Jeezuz there are recommendations given in our by-laws that say things like cross at marked crossings, preferably with light's, wear bright clothing, only cross when the way is clear, always look both ways before crossing, and pretty much don't be stupid.

I have no idea what the laws state where this video was taken...but as we allllll can see, rules are different from place to place. So don't get you're assless chaps all tied up in knots over something that can be legal in one part of the world and illegal in another. A lil research can go a long way. Cheer up folks:)

Roaddawg

LOL.

On another note...Pedestrian laws around my neck of the woods are governed by the province, and can be further governed by the municipality. Here, it's not technically illegal what those old farts were doing...as it is the motor vehicle's operator to prove who's fault it was...but Jeezuz there are recommendations given in our by-laws that say things like cross at marked crossings, preferably with light's, wear bright clothing, only cross when the way is clear, always look both ways before crossing, and pretty much don't be stupid.

I have no idea what the laws state where this video was taken...but as we allllll can see, rules are different from place to place. So don't get you're assless chaps all tied up in knots over something that can be legal in one part of the world and illegal in another. A lil research can go a long way. Cheer up folks:)
Good point and here's a good example. The laws are almost identical EXCEPT for the unmarked crosswalk section AND who has to yield. Interesting.

CALIFORNIA LAW:

Right-of-Way at Crosswalks

21950. (a) The driver of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection, except as otherwise provided in this chapter.

TEXAS LAW:

§ 552.005. CROSSING AT POINT OTHER THAN CROSSWALK. (a) A
pedestrian shall yield the right-of-way
to a vehicle on the highway
if crossing a roadway at a place:
(1) other than in a marked crosswalk or in an unmarked
crosswalk at an intersection
;

Last edited:

6R Blackout

I hope that old lady had her depends on that day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

Botty12

Good point and here's a good example. The laws are almost identical EXCEPT for the unmarked crosswalk section AND who has to yield. Interesting.

CALIFORNIA LAW:

21950. (a) The driver of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection, except as otherwise provided in this chapter.

TEXAS LAW:

§ 552.005. CROSSING AT POINT OTHER THAN CROSSWALK. (a) A
pedestrian shall yield the right-of-way
to a vehicle on the highway
if crossing a roadway at a place:
(1) other than in a marked crosswalk or in an unmarked
crosswalk at an intersection
;

Repped you bro! ;)

NoDoze

CALIFORNIA LAW:

I remember getting docked for that on my drivers license road test as a teen (a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away). Once the pedestrian has set foot on the asphalt to cross the street, marked or unmarked, they have the right of way.

Again, different rules in different areas.

redwing-2001

Deanoh had it right the first time this came up. The motorcyclist did not demonstrate situational awareness and by no means was it necessary to lock up his rear wheel to avoid hitting the couple had he been more aware. The only thing I disagree with is that they were not in any crosswalk (go to 0:36)

from last year:
The biker is an ass and deserves no credit whatsoever for any skills or for a nice recovery. When traffic slows down, there usually is a reason for it and he is clueless to his surroundings. He's accelerating while passing the pickup which, because of the bend in the road, is blocking his view of the road ahead. The pickup driver sees the crosswalk and the pedestrians (the biker doesn't) and slows down, even though he would pass behind them anyway, which gives the stupid biker room to maneuver and avoid the crash, which he finally is aware of at the last second.

I give that pickup driver credit for saving a life here.

FazerWest

Deanoh had it right the first time this came up. The motorcyclist did not demonstrate situational awareness and by no means was it necessary to lock up his rear wheel to avoid hitting the couple had he been more aware. The only thing I disagree with is that they were not in any crosswalk (go to 0:36)

from last year:
The biker is an ass and deserves no credit whatsoever for any skills or for a nice recovery. When traffic slows down, there usually is a reason for it and he is clueless to his surroundings. He's accelerating while passing the pickup which, because of the bend in the road, is blocking his view of the road ahead. The pickup driver sees the crosswalk and the pedestrians (the biker doesn't) and slows down, even though he would pass behind them anyway, which gives the stupid biker room to maneuver and avoid the crash, which he finally is aware of at the last second.

I give that pickup driver credit for saving a life here.
I seriously disagree watching that video over and over, i couldnt see the couple coming across, the truck could have been slowing to turn left on that street the couple were walking across from, AND i would have sped up too if i were him because the bike was in the cars blind spot which i always try to stay out of, honestly i would have been in the bikers same situation and i am a very cautious driver, but you can only do and see so much.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Flipflash

Elite Member