FZ6 Sliders on R?

phocoyote7

My FZ6 sliders should ship out tomorrow, so I will let you know next week when I get them on.
Do you have a link to the ones you purchased? No cut or standard? I'm about ready to modify my fairings and just go with the white 09 FZ6 Shogun no cut, would stand out I think.

xplodnstar

Do you have a link to the ones you purchased? No cut or standard? I'm about ready to modify my fairings and just go with the white 09 FZ6 Shogun no cut, would stand out I think.
I just went with something cheap on eBay. The store name is "Supply N Demand". They don't say they are either, but I'm just trying 'cause I couldn't get the other guy to tell us which one's he used.

Yamaha FZ6 FZ 6 600 Frame Sliders 04 05 06 07 08 FAZER:eBay Motors (item 270406617182 end time Jun-17-09 17:59:13 PDT)

phocoyote7

phocoyote7

I found a website that has the Intuitive Racing No-Cuts for $108, shipping included. They seem to be the only website that has them in stock; ordered mine Tuesday.

Intuitive NO CUT Frame Sliders For FZ6R 09 :: Frame Sliders & Bar Ends :: Solo Moto Parts

Enjoy!
Read earlier posts, xplodnstar ordered 5/28, I ordered 5/29.

We are still waiting on these, their website is not accurate. If you call them ask to see how many people are ahead of you, you will want to leave a message and he is good about calling back. Possibly might have some in next week, but sounds like not enough to cover everyone that is waiting.

Our bikes must be selling like hot cakes, cause non to be found anywhere. I should have ordered these long ago and paid the extra $ when I saw them on E-bay.

F

FZ1inNH

I found a website that has the Intuitive Racing No-Cuts for $108, shipping included. They seem to be the only website that has them in stock; ordered mine Tuesday.

Intuitive NO CUT Frame Sliders For FZ6R 09 :: Frame Sliders & Bar Ends :: Solo Moto Parts

Enjoy!
I had seen this and ordered from them before knowing about previous orders. When I called them, Daniel was very upfront with me and told me that he is getting an order in the next few days but there were many people ahead of me and he couldn't fill my order for 3 - 5 weeks. xplodnstar happens to be one of those initial people who got in on THIS shipment. Lucky lady! :D

I canceled my order.

I got a message from the T-REX Racing where I bought my FZ1 sliders. He states that a no-cut version is planned but about 8 weeks out. The good news is, his will be the least expensive of them all. I really like the sliders he made for the FZ1... Delrin with aluminum inserts. Well made!

Comiha22

phocoyote7 - My mistake. I read the posts quickly and didn't catch the Solo reference. Bummer about their website not being updated; I sure was hoping for a quick delivery.

spacemonkey

ok well this whole thread is fubar, can someone please just figure out if it works or not?

xplodnstar

I think My FZ6 sliders are in the mailbox at home, so I'm hoping to try them tonight.

If they don't work, the Intuitives shipped out today, so I will have those this week.

One way or the other I will have sliders on by this weekend, but hopefully I can send the $100+ ones back and tell everyone they can just spend $25.

phocoyote7

I like the look of the FZ6 better, only problem is once you say they work we won't be able to sell our Intuitive no cut :spank:

Can't wait to hear how the install goes.

Howdy! So I had bought the frame sliders that were on the Yamaha web site and I like them! I don't think it looks bad at all with the hole in the fairing, so here are a couple of pics (I'm no photographer, so I just took a bunch of pics) hope this helps!

Attachments

xplodnstar

The FZ6 sliders are no good. They'd need an offset or to cut the fairing. Sorry it didn't work out.

BTW, any FZ6 owners want a cheap set of sliders? :p

B

blaxx

Howdy! So I had bought the frame sliders that were on the Yamaha web site and I like them! I don't think it looks bad at all with the hole in the fairing, so here are a couple of pics (I'm no photographer, so I just took a bunch of pics) hope this helps!
They look good on there. Very natural looking. I was playing around with the idea of using these, but could not bring myself to drilling holes in the farings. I used the no cut ones which you have probably seen, but in any case a pair of frame sliders is a must. :) Thanks for the pictures, I was wondering how they looked.

B

blaxx

By the way Professional_Noob, is there brackets on both sides to mount them or do they bolt directly to the frame? Thanx!

By the way Professional_Noob, is there brackets on both sides to mount them or do they bolt directly to the frame? Thanx!
I didn't install them myself, I had the dealership do all the work.........drilling is definately not a strong skill I have! It looks like they bolt directly to the frame though! Don't quote me though!

Brugge

I don't know if this answers your question but if they are the sliders from Yamaha (shown below) the slider is mounted to a bracket and the bracket gets bolted to the frame.

I believe the no-cut one sliders have a bolt that runs through the slider and goes to the frame.

cheers,
Kevin

Attachments

B

blaxx

I don't know if this answers your question but if they are the sliders from Yamaha (shown below) the slider is mounted to a bracket and the bracket gets bolted to the frame.

I believe the no-cut one sliders have a bolt that runs through the slider and goes to the frame.

cheers,
Kevin
OK, looks like brackets on both sides.

The no cut sliders I have on bolt directly to the frame on the right hand side, and use a bracket on the left hand side.

Brugge

OK, looks like brackets on both sides.

The no cut sliders I have on bolt directly to the frame on the right hand side, and use a bracket on the left hand side.
Ah, now I know what you meant by "brackets on both sides" :thumbup:

Hopefully my no-cut sliders will be here this week since they shipped yesterday, helmet and boots came today now I just need the bike :eek:

Hopefully it will be here second week of July. :drool:
After that I can properly/formally introduce myself to the group. ;)

Kevin

B

blaxx

Best of luck to you and your new fz6r. You will really enjoy this bike! It puts a smile on my face everytime i ride, but more so when the throttle is twisted and i can watch that traffic in my rear view mirror disappear. ;)
Once again congrats, and keep us updated. :)