FZ6 Sliders on R?

phocoyote7

Hopping to get some replys here.

I've heard some people putting FZ6 frame sliders on the R. I have ordered the intuitive no cut frame sliders for FZ6R but they don't know when they are getting them in, apparently the FZ6R is just to darn popular.

I was wondering for those that have put on sliders for FZ6 on the FZ6R if they were the no cut or just regular sliders? or if could post link for the one's you installed. Was looking at these here: SHOGUN YAMAHA FZ6 2004-2009 NO CUT WHITE FRAME SLIDERS would love to have the white to go with white blue theme.

Any info and pic's would be appreciated.

F

FZ1inNH

After looking at my wife's FZ6R, I don't think they will work. Even if you can get them on, you will need to cut the fairing on one side. The holes on the frame appear to be different than the non-R. Unsure about the provided bolts fitting as well.

xplodnstar

I've been in the same predicament. No matter who I order from, they go on backorder even though the websites say "ships in 2 - 3 days".

I finally broke down and I'm going to try the FZ6 sliders. I bid on a set from eBay for about $25 shipped. I expect to see them in 7-10 days and try to put them on next week. I will post whether or not they work. I am not optimistic for the same reason as FZ1inNH, but for $25 it's worth a try.

F

FZ1inNH

I am in the same boat too looking for a set for the wife. I still cannot believe that the Yamaha sliders are not no-cut!

I've asked the T-REX manufacturer if he has immediate plans for the FZ6R in a no-cut set. As soon as I hear back, I'll let everyone know.

GoGreen09

Don't know how close you are to a dealer, but I had to go to one when ordering the Intuitive sliders. No luck with online stuff, but I got from my dealer in about 5 days. 3 days too late though...:(

F

FZ1inNH

I just ordered these which are specifically listed for FZ6R: SHOGUN YAMAHA FZ6R 2009 BLACK FRAME SLIDERS

I hope they fit - will let you all know once they arrive.
They do fit but in the fine print it does say you have to cut the side panel(s) to mount them.

I found the Intuitive no-cuts at Solomoto Parts and ordered them tonight for her FZ6R. I'm just hoping their "ships in 2 - 3 days" is accurate! $107 and change with free shipping.

phocoyote7

phocoyote7

I found the Intuitive no-cuts at Solomoto Parts and ordered them tonight for her FZ6R. I'm just hoping their "ships in 2 - 3 days" is accurate! $107 and change with free shipping.
Don't want to burst your bubble, that is where I ordered mine on 5/29. Just called them today 6/15 which is second time called, and they don't know when these will be coming in.

That is why I'm looking for other options. MWilkins_2000 has 09 FZ6 sliders on his bike with no modification, said he used a couple extra washers, but haven't heard wether they were the no cut or standard FZ6 sliders or what brand. If you look at this post http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6r-general-discussion/17088-well-i-finally-did-straight-pipe.html you can see his sliders.

I'm sure there are others out there as well that have used these sliders on the R and was hoping to get some links to where they purchased theirs. Want to make sure they are going to fit before I even spend $45, and will cancel the intuitive no cut.

xplodnstar

They do fit but in the fine print it does say you have to cut the side panel(s) to mount them.

Not accurate, I've been waiting for 3 weeks.

That's why I ordered some FZ6 sliders for $25. Well see how they work.

xplodnstar

From SoloMoto? Have you called about the order? Thanx for the info.
Emailed 6/8 (ordered 5/28) -

The item indicates that it should ship out in 2-3 days. What is the status for this order?
- xplodnstar

Hi,
It looks like there was some issues with our supplier on this order. I didn't get the sliders in on time. Did you want to keep waiting? I'm sorry.
- daniel
Solo Moto Parts

How long will I be waiting?
- xplodnstar

I'm not 100%. To my knowledge this is one of the only sliders on the market for your bike so there is a high demand.

- daniel
http://www.solomotoparts.com

tractorboy

This is why my brother and I made my own. we lathed the slider for the right side and the left needed a bracket to push it over and bit and had to cut out some material too.

They took us like 2 hrs to do and bam! DONE...NO CUtting and solid as a rock!!

cheaper too!!

good luck.

spacemonkey

would you be interested in making and shipping more? for purchase of course. this seems like the only solution to the worlds greatest problem... well the fz6r world that is.

F

FZ1inNH

This is why my brother and I made my own. we lathed the slider for the right side and the left needed a bracket to push it over and bit and had to cut out some material too.

They took us like 2 hrs to do and bam! DONE...NO CUtting and solid as a rock!!

cheaper too!!

good luck.
Sweet! Pics? Materials used? Design? and as already asked... more for sale?

F

FZ1inNH

Emailed 6/8 (ordered 5/28) -

The item indicates that it should ship out in 2-3 days. What is the status for this order?
- xplodnstar

Hi,
It looks like there was some issues with our supplier on this order. I didn't get the sliders in on time. Did you want to keep waiting? I'm sorry.
- daniel
Solo Moto Parts

How long will I be waiting?
- xplodnstar

I'm not 100%. To my knowledge this is one of the only sliders on the market for your bike so there is a high demand.

- daniel
http://www.solomotoparts.com
Well, I have called 5 times since they opened today and it goes to VM each time. I've not left a VM yet, just want to ask the question to a live person. I'll let you know when I get through and what they say their ETA for shipping is.

F

FZ1inNH

Ok. They were not answering so I left a VM. Daniel called me back and explained that they have a shipment coming in next week! However, there are more people stacked up ahead of me than sliders coming in so I would not be one that gets a set from this order. :(

I told him to please give me a call or send an e-mail if he can ship due to cancellations or more arriving than anticpated and if I cannot get them from this shipment, to please cancel the order and notify me.

So those that did order from SoloMoto Parts ahead of me, you might be getting yours next week.

mnfz6r

Hey guys, I'm new here, have my FZ6R for almost a month now with like 50 miles on it. I thought about getting frame sliders too, but according to this thread, I would have to waite for awhile.:(

F

FZ1inNH

I just got an e-mail from SoloMoto... no dice for 4 - 6 weeks so I cancelled the order. Looks like a wait it out for more compaines to start making them OR get the normal sliders and cut the body work. :rant:

xplodnstar

My FZ6 sliders should ship out tomorrow, so I will let you know next week when I get them on.