fz6 +25bhp power chip installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

siena547

hello ther i'm new here and i have just purchased a +25bhp power chip from e-bay usa for only £10 yes you heard me right only a tenner !! the thing i i dunno how to fit it and it claims it only takes a few minutes and i'm away...has anyone out there got this MOD on their bike and if so please can you shed some light on my dilemma and give me some much needed tips....many thanks !!

D

dantow

Oh no. I've had a look into these things and they are a load of crap. Is it the one that replace these sensor in the airbox?

D

dantow

And id it could give the bike that much for that little wouldn't it be on the bike already or on the shelves of every bike shop in the world? sorry mate but I think you've been had!

F

fazer.rider

OP must have zero mechanical knowledge to know that the chip is pure BS.

M

Mark85

hello ther i'm new here and i have just purchased a +25bhp power chip from e-bay usa for only £10 yes you heard me right only a tenner !! the thing i i dunno how to fit it and it claims it only takes a few minutes and i'm away...has anyone out there got this MOD on their bike and if so please can you shed some light on my dilemma and give me some much needed tips....many thanks !!
I've heard through the grapevine that if you take the seat off your FZ6, and drop it in the small gap in the underseat storage that you can see the floor though, this is the best place to install this chip for optimum performance.

Mark

D

Discofrank

I've heard through the grapevine that if you take the seat off your FZ6, and drop it in the small gap in the underseat storage that you can see the floor though, this is the best place to install this chip for optimum performance.

Mark

now thats funny

these chips are more bs the politicians that run our countries!

F

fz6joker

You've been had my friend.

Think about it like this, guys who spend $500.00 - $800.00 on after market exhaust only gain 3 - 5 horsepower. So what is the likely hood that a ten dollar chip can give you 25 horse.

If you are ever in doubt always post up on here before you make a purchase and you will get the truth about items before you lose your hard earned money.

fz6rwolf

Doesn't look like he'll be back, one and only post.

anteisr

Hi

If you bend the throttle stop thing away and change the cdi box you will get the same bhp that's in the FZ6 98bhp. That's according to my dealer and mechanic here in Sweden

//Anders

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Hi

If you bend the throttle stop thing away and change the cdi box you will get the same bhp that's in the FZ6 98bhp. That's according to my dealer and mechanic here in Sweden

//Anders
:cool:

Care to elaborate further on this?

mfischler

Elite Member

Manna69247

Hi
//Anders
Nothing against you but I think your mechanic is qualified on bicycles. :spank:

This will surely be marvelous, but I think he missed the pot. The FZ6R engine is totally revised to be more 'torque r' right through the rev range and has smaller throttle bodies than the FZ6 and that is where it loose out on the FZ6 hp but gain in the mid range. - or that is what they say... I'm no mechanic either... :eek:

However the were FZ6's made previously that had throttle stops on it to limit it to a certain hp range - that was only a requirement for certain countries, I'll see if I can get the detailed information again.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
The FZ6R is based on the R6 engine, I wonder if there is a way to figure out what Yamaha did to "de-tune" the FZ6R to make less hp, and then just reverse it with the right parts to get back to R6 specs....:cool:

<---Heads to the library to dig around.

cbzdel

I can only imagine it was just a more mild cam, and intake/exhaust restrictions...

Once someone is willing to replace their cam they can also port/polish their ports and get it flowing a little more freely..

There was a thread on the FZ6 forum (actual FZ6 bike to) about a guy using a R6 big bore kit and cam on his engine but this forum was started before the project was ever finished so I dont know how it ended..

mfischler

Elite Member

anteisr

Hi all

I'm not a mechanic so I just wrote what my dealer and his mechanic said. Corrections, my dealer just said that the only difference between the fz6 and the xj6 (fz6r in US) was the throttle stop. But then I talked to his mechanic and he said it was a different cdi box as well.

Like I said I'm not a mechanic so I can't verify it but it is a guy in a swedish forum that had bent away the throttle stop and felt like it got more power but in the 5 and 6 gear it had problems with getting enough fuel he said. So he bent it back...

//Anders

Manna69247

anteisr - I just joked about the bicycle mechanic - I'm not one at all and can learn allot from them and others. I found (especially on the internet and dealers) you can't believe everything they say, so I verify everything I hear and ask on the forum - and that is what you did - but we still don't know for sure.

Something I mentioned I'll get back to:
FZ6R
Mikuni 32 mm throttle bodies
FZ6
Mikuni 36 mm throttle bodies
================================================
This was a big discussion on FZ6-Forum - I stole it from there and here is the full link (THIS WAS ABOUT THE FZ6):
78 to 98Hps
KimL's knowledge
Ok A little info. In the UK you have two parts to your bike test. If you complete the first part you are then allowed to ride any bike you like that is restricted to 33hp = 78 ps.
This is so you can gain experience on a larger bike and get to know all the handling characteristics.
After you complete the second part you can have the restriction removed and have an un-limited license.

If you look down onto the engine under the gas tank on the left side and move the throttle back and forward you see a wheel that turns this wheel holds the throttle cable. If you look at this wheel you will see two stops, one that will only make you turn the throttle about a quarter. If you look further back on this wheel you see another stop that will make you turn the throttle even more. This is the original stop that is used on the S2 version. If you just bend away the first stop you will be able to turn the throttle all the way and you will be able to use all the 98 hps of the engine, it´s as easy as that.

We have a motorcycle magazine here in Sweden that also has looked into this bike in their last number and they verified that Yamaha has only made this modification to the bike to get it to 78 hp. This was the fastest and cheapest way for them to do it.

Well according to Yamaha this is what they have done to limit the power on the bike so yes it should prevent you from opening the throttle 100%. And there hasn´t been any damage to my bike after doing this modification and i have had my bike for two years now, so thinks it´s fairly safe to do it.
If you look at the S2 version you see that the gas stop is in the same position as it is on the 78hk if you bend away the first stop, so you don´t have to be afraid that you will over rev the engine since it is the same engines that is used in both versions.

...but remember for the FZ6R there was cam changes as well - not the same engine.

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Manna -- I remember that discussion from the FZ6 site. However, something you need to keep in mind is that the FZ6R engine is not based off the FZ6 engine, but rather the R6 engine. So I guess what we would need to do to get our bikes back to the R6 engine specs is get a hold of both owner's/service manuals for the two bikes and compare the engine specs as far as displacement, throttle bodies, valve specs, intake/exhaust specs, cam specs, etc.

That way we might be able to swap some parts and have an FZ6R body and engine with R6 parts and specs. :rockon:

Manna69247

Yip I know - I just replied on the throttle stop issue they mention on the XJ6 - it will be great if there is something like that on XJ6/FZ6R but I don't think so. But I understand the mission and what mission that will be ... ;)

TOMIK

HP

I just dont understand people, if you want more HP why dont they just buy the FZ6, or for that matter just like my son buy the R6.

Status
Not open for further replies.