Fz 9 ?????

THill

Has anyone checked out the FZ9 that's coming out ?
850 cc triple, yep a 3 cylinder at 414 pounds according to Yam's specs....
Sounds like a interesting machine for that cc's and weight...

chris d

fz 9

The price of the FZ9 is very close to what my 2012 FZ6R cost new last September. I love the FZ6R and ride it lots--commuting, errands, day trips, but am thinking that this bike would be an easy upgrade if I trade in the existing bike and use my Yamaha financing.

My dealer says he's expecting the FZ9 to be a big seller given the price, technology, and finish.

My only concern is that it's a lot more bike than what I'm riding. They're saying it puts out about 115 horsepower--that's about 50 more ponies than what I've got, and I tend to ride safely and cautiously. Of course, in the past five years I've gone from a Vespa, to a 250 ninja, to an FZ6R. Any opinions as to whether this is too big an incremental jump from an FZ6R? Would it make more sense to look at one of the outgoing FZ8s? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

JSP

Super Moderator
The price of the FZ9 is very close to what my 2012 FZ6R cost new last September. I love the FZ6R and ride it lots--commuting, errands, day trips, but am thinking that this bike would be an easy upgrade if I trade in the existing bike and use my Yamaha financing.

My dealer says he's expecting the FZ9 to be a big seller given the price, technology, and finish.

My only concern is that it's a lot more bike than what I'm riding. They're saying it puts out about 115 horsepower--that's about 50 more ponies than what I've got, and I tend to ride safely and cautiously. Of course, in the past five years I've gone from a Vespa, to a 250 ninja, to an FZ6R. Any opinions as to whether this is too big an incremental jump from an FZ6R? Would it make more sense to look at one of the outgoing FZ8s? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

It would be the most logical perfect jump IMO. That or the 8. I had the 8 and its very linear smooth power. I would think the 9 would be just as smooth. I think either would be a perfect move it thats the type of bike you want.

I think the 8 looks a little nicer, but going away, aftermarket will lack more than it already is. But if that does not bother you, use the new 9 price to hammer the 8 down into a killer deal price wise. People are already using it as leverage and getting killer deals on 8's.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

RoadTrip

I don't think that is too big a jump, seems that modern motorcycles have friendly feuling and gearing, so as long as you do your part to be smooth the bike shouldn't misbehave.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

dawg

it sucks balls that they dont put better headlights on motorcycles like LED's and such. I know there are upgrades... but all new sports cars got em so why dont they put them on more motorcycles?