Front Fork assembly-- Find or substitute!

L

Love Enigma

Heya!
So, I bent my front forks and need to replace them. The problem I'm having is finding a set. There's a used one online, but there's a no return policy and I need them straight.
My old ones are too far bent to be bent back...
So, that being said, I need new front forks on my FZ6R. Where can I find them or another fork set system that's compatible with my baby?

Oh, and if anyone know's a way to clean up the lines when you remove the fairings ;]

EDIT::

Would R6 '03-04 forks work?

Hellgate

You've got 41mm, the FZ6 is 43mm. There are services that can straighten bent forks. With no R6 option, unless you put on a front end (triple clamp, fork legs, brakes, master cylinder, etc) straightening the is probably the best option, least expensive too.

L

Love Enigma

You've got 41mm, the FZ6 is 43mm. There are services that can straighten bent forks. With no R6 option, unless you put on a front end (triple clamp, fork legs, brakes, master cylinder, etc) straightening the is probably the best option, least expensive too.
Yeah, one of them is pretty tweeked at an impressive angle.

Thanks for the through answer! I really appreciate it!!

EDIT::

What are we looking around to replace the front end with an r6's? New to this, but isn't the r6 a 41mm, too? Explain?

L

Love Enigma

Since there don't seem to be any forks out there yet for my bike (that's not close to 700$), what's your suggestions for a course of action?

F

FZ1inNH

You could try to order just the upper tubes and new seals from Ron Ayers or a dealer. That would be cheaper than the entire fork assembly. Then just rebuild them which isn't too difficult. :D

I had asked Ron Ayers to put up the FZ6R fiche but it isn't there yet. :(

Bruno

Both of my forks have been bent for a while... I'm used to it and to be honest i don't feel it anymore, but during a fork seal replacement i noticed they are quite bent (Problably in one of my few falls)... Months later, i accidently broke the bleeder screw inside the right front caliper hole, during a brake fluid bleeding procedure ... I have tried to take it out a few times with no succes... I bleeded by the left caliper but of course it is 100% since...

In two weeks i will be on vacation and have some free time and i intend to fix these things... Now i had this idea of replacing the whole front end from a FZ6 or old R6, i would kill 2 problems with one shot and improve braking (4 calipers) and suspension (adjustable)... I found a great deal on a R6 99 front end (Clamps are not included)... I know these models use 43mm fork and our bike 41mm, but since the holes on the triple clamps are a little bigger then the forks, i'm wondering if i could squeeze the 43mm forks into the FZ6R triple clamps, considering the very small difference in the forks' diameter and the flexibility of the clamps that allow it to bend a bit to hold the forks tight when the fixing screws are tighened... If you know what i mean....

Last edited:

Compare the parts fiche diagram of the head bearings and perhaps an FZ6 triple could be used?

If not machine the stem to fit or use an interchange bearing set that adapts your OD bearing to an FZ6 stem.

Start by buying an FZ6 stem off fleebay. Likely cost more to ship than the part itself. Then you can experiment!