Front Fendor Opinions Needed

dste0395

Hey guys, I went for the street fighter look and want to know if you all think that I should keep the front fender or ditch it, and if there are any downsides to not having it? I have seen some bikes without them but I have to be honest it would worry me a bit to have road debris hit my exposed radiator. Would the radiator be the only downside, or would I get completely pelted with mud and dirt and anything else the tire would throw up? Maybe that answers my own question and I should shut up??:eek:

JSP

Super Moderator
Hey guys, I went for the street fighter look and want to know if you all think that I should keep the front fender or ditch it, and if there are any downsides to not having it? I have seen some bikes without them but I have to be honest it would worry me a bit to have road debris hit my exposed radiator. Would the radiator be the only downside, or would I get completely pelted with mud and dirt and anything else the tire would throw up? Maybe that answers my own question and I should shut up??:eek:
Radiator would take some more hits and just general dirt and crap on the front of the bike. You can get or make a radiator guard though. Maybe just cut the fender back a bit. Give it a nice custom look and still have a little protection.

dste0395

Yeah that is a good idea, I could do a custom job. I like the idea of the radiator guard, I have seen a few for the FZ8, but nothing for our bikes, as usual.

JSP

Super Moderator
Maybe cut this section out where the mold lines are. Still holds factory mounting points and would look pretty sick.

OR... Just paint it all black and it would look great too!

dste0395

You know, I think you are on to something, the black does look pretty sick. I am also thinking about doing Matte black mask on my tank too, try to get that "rough" look to the bike...great suggestions. Now if you can find me a belly pan???? I am looking at the XJ6 parts catalog right now.

dste0395

I wrote these guys yesterday about the bellypan and here is what they sent back to me.
I'm afraid we haven't tested this so we don't know, and there are some small differences between the models.

Our US distributor might have a better idea if you wanted to ask them, the email address is [email protected]

Kind regards,

Leona Robinson
Powerbronze International Ltd

So I guess I will check with their US distibuter next.