Free seat comfort mod

Edromero

I didn't like the forward/downward slant of the seat...flattens out my coin purse against the tank... i glued 2 1/2 inch rubber spacers (that i had lying around) to the underside of the seat (closest to the tank). There are 2 circular shapes on the underside of the seat...perfect location for them. These spacers reat against the frame and angle the front of the seat up, resulting in a more level seat cushion and a huge difference in comfort...allows me to sit back a little on the fatter section of the saddle.

Attachments

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Dimi

I didn't like the forward/downward slant of the seat...flattens out my coin purse against the tank... i glued 2 1/2 inch rubber spacers (that i had lying around) to the underside of the seat (closest to the tank). There are 2 circular shapes on the underside of the seat...perfect location for them. These spacers reat against the frame and angle the front of the seat up, resulting in a more level seat cushion and a huge difference in comfort...allows me to sit back a little on the fatter section of the saddle.
Reviving this post, I have to say that this sir, is an amazing mod! Tried it on my XJ6 and I no longer have to readjust my sitting position each and every time I stop at a traffic light.

Definitely try it if you have problems with that coin purse... :D

Will post photos of my version soon.

Good job mate!

Last edited: