Frame Sliders

ajcatx

sliders

Ya i have the same ones(ebay) and I like them better then the shogun ones my girlfriend got for her fz6r

arkkornkid

OES Accessories frame sliders

2009-2010 Yamaha FZ-6R Frame Sliders

If you order direct you save a little $$ vs. the BUY IT NOW price on ebay. I think the shipping cost is cheaper too.

Yamaha YZF600R riders don't have a lot of aftermarket support, but this company makes sliders for that bike... and the riders swear by them. I had a set of polished ones that I didn't get a chance to install before I sold the bike.... the quality was great. I'm going to order some, hopefully at some point they'll offer polished aluminum for the FZ.

Last edited:

frit1250

Frame Slider Follow-up

Thanks for the help guys. I got mine at OESaccessories.com

Delrin with aluminum inserts.

The customer service was great, it is a small company and I called the guys that work there and mentioned that I wanted the sliders for a track day I had coming up. They got the sliders out to me quickly and I had them in time for the track day.
The right side slider was making contact with the plastic, so I called to ask what could be done. They made me another slider that was cut down a little more and sent it to me free of charge. It is still making slight contact, but I can live with it.

frit1250

The frame sliders stick out 3.5 inches from the engine mount on the right side and 4 inches from the bracket on the left side with the OES frame sliders. They should protect more then just the engine but I have not seen any results from crashes. I would expect that the damage to the body work would be greatly reduced with frame sliders but maybe not eliminated.

free2cach

frame sliders and swing arm spools/sliders

these things are one one the best things you can invest in..notonly do the protect your ride in atip over but will also protect you in case of a crash at speed. put some distance between your legs and the ground.. OES makes the best i have found and I have a set on my 09..if you can find rear swing arm spools with the extentions they held as wel as can be usewith a wheel stand,

bobski

I've got the Shogun sliders on the way from eBay. I'll post my install experience and pics when I'm done.