Forza 4, anybody else get it?

iSpoolin

Picked up Forza 4 last night and I have to say it's pretty damn amazing. They finally tuned in the drag racing, now you even get slicks!, and you can actually get decently acurate times :thumbup: Plus they added actual simulation steering,so now you can slide a curve without automatically doing a 1080 on the course :cool:

Anybody else grab it?

yfz6r

I'll get it once I get a break from nursing school. Game looks absolutely beautiful. Might even plug my kinect back in thats been sitting for a few months

mjesenovec

The game is absolutely insane. I just picked it up yesterday, and I already have a few higher level cars. There are a lot of new things that make the game much more accessible. You don't level up cars anymore, you level up manufacturers. Once you reach level 5, you get a 100% discount on all upgrades for the whole brand. For example, after playing 5-8 races with a civic Si, I hit level 5, and now i can upgrade any honda i want for free. It really is an awesome system that doesn't make you play for hours and hours just to get cars and money for upgrades.

There was a recent episode of CSI Miami about 2 sisters that stole Ferraris. They had a new 458 Italia in the show, in a parking garage, under lights. I told my brother that the 458 on CSI looked less real than the 458 in Forza, and he agreed with me. It's absolutely insane. Also, there's a lot of voice acting done by the Top Gear guy, so it really is a crazy automotive experience for $60.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

iSpoolin

I plan on getting it soon, but thinking I want to get a really good wheel to play it on as well.
I use the Microsoft wheel, I don't think they sell them anymore, but I enjoy it! I want the Fanatec wheel really bad since it has a clutch and everything, but it causes a glitch in the game where you don't get credits and stuff, so ill wait till that's fixed.

Here's a few of my pics from yesterday.

Fully Carbon Fiber ZR1 (Just a vinyl I made, that's why it doesn't look the best, 900+ HP.

Lexus LF-A (my favorite supercar)

Lotus Elise, my favorite car of all time, after I get settled into my house, I WILL have one in my garage.

and my Cobalt SS, almost 600 HP, with the exact wheels and hood I wanted for mine :( lol, damn I miss that car

I have about 80 cars. With a garage value well over 10 million :lol:

Last edited:

yfz6r

When you are in game, do the visuals actually look photo realistic? All the screens do.

Also, I'm very impressed by what forza has been doing. Gt5 was in production how many years? Then forza takes it down the next year!

I need a good sim racer soon. Hopefully nfs the run wil be fun. Haven't really liked the nfs series since most wanted.

iSpoolin

When you are in game, do the visuals actually look photo realistic? All the screens do.

Also, I'm very impressed by what forza has been doing. Gt5 was in production how many years? Then forza takes it down the next year!

I need a good sim racer soon. Hopefully nfs the run wil be fun. Haven't really liked the nfs series since most wanted.
Yes, the graphics look amazing in game.

and Forza is definitely the best sim racer out there man, NFS is a fucking joke. Arcade racing games make me hate my life :mad: LOL

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

iSpoolin

lookin to grab it once the price drops... i have owned every forza to date... so yeah im psyched about this one
It's worth the 63$ trust me :D

I didn't play Forza 3, but one of the things I'm impressed with in Forza 4 is the AI makes mistakes... if I'm running out of time to win a race, instead of restarting like I did in Forza 2, I will run the race out in case the AI makes a bonehead turn :p

The graphics are great, of course...

Spoiler alert...

You get an achievement if you get the Delorean to 88 mph.
Not really a spoiler haha

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

iSpoolin

A) Why wasn't this originally posted in the "Games" forum?
B) Why hasn't a mod moved it there yet?

But on topic, I think this game will cause me to break down and buy an X-Box. And a racing wheel and peddles. Anybody have any recomendations for racing wheels on the X-Box?
Ah General Discussion is good enough.

and I myself use the Wireless Microsoft wheel, but I think they stopped producing it. They are on Ebay for about 60-100$, but if you want a full out simulation wheel then the Fanatec wheel is the way to go!

iSpoolin

Well that Fanatec wheel seems sweet, but yowza! That's a lot of dinero.
Yeah man. About 400$ with every attachment. They say it drives just like a real car though. I want it and the Forza seat so bad I can't stand it haha, but I can't justify nearly 1000$ on stuff to play one game with haha

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

redprodigy35

I played Forza 3 to death.
Manual shifting and racing your friends is alot of fun.
Haven't touched 4 yet...

I remember the only thing I could think of when I use to play was: "Damn I wish there was like a secret code for motorcycle unlocks." I mean how hard would it be for some dev to model a BMW 1000RR if they already got the cars down?:rolleyes:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

iSpoolin

This is from the new car pack they released yesterday:
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 ;)