for the gun folk

roundhouse

Sold my mini 14 and stepped up to the AR

is a CMMG upper and lower, 16" chrome barrel with 1-9 twist. its pretty damn sweet for a first AR. I shoot with my Son at least once a month, this will give us alot of enjoyment.

my sister is a anti gun person and stated she wont enter my house as long as that rifle is in there. I explained it is locked securely in a gun safe and she visits with all the other guns in the house (locked in the safe)

she persisted, and went on on about its potential deadliness, i explained she needed to get rid of the gas can in her garage and the unsecured knives in her kitchen because of the potential deadliness. i rattled off more examples such as the potential for bodily injury or death we face everyday while driving

oh well.......................she didn't get it

anyway here it is, with and without the carry handle (please excuse the xmas table cloth it does look a bit.........."wrong" for lack of a better term)

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

More like, "oh man I know about guns. AK-47 right? Well, why don't you have it? It's the best, everyone I know of that owns guns has it."

Nice gun, I debating whether or not I want to get myself into that. I'm more fascinated about how it all works by opening it up/cleaning it and reassembly.

Was considering taking some of those, what do you call it? Shooting range sessions? Just to see how I feel about them.

Spunky99

I went with a 20" HBAR tac driver and mil-spec sights sans the handle. I have the handle but find it raises your head up and into harms way....IYKWIM.

The sight is a flip up and centers on the 40mm red dot scope I use for close up.
Put a vertical handle on it and some cammo and you are all set.
Have you seen the hydrographic camo kits?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj6W7NQWPQo]YouTube - DIY camo gun dipping kit hydrographics[/ame]

Google Image Result for http://www.calssportingarmory.com/v/vspfiles/photos/MATBUIS-2T.jpg

ry-mac75

Are you allowed full auto? Is it the 556 or the .22? I wanted one of the .22 calibre M4 variants, but they're not allowed here.

Spunky99

Are you allowed full auto? Is it the 556 or the .22? I wanted one of the .22 calibre M4 variants, but they're not allowed here.
If you have a license to own a full auto weapon it is legal.

You can also get a .22 LR conversion bolt and mag for any AR 15/M4 variants that will allow semi-auto fire.

US only..I don't know about Canadian laws. Mags holding more than 10 rnds are illegal in CA and you need a bullet button too.
Lots of rules here but with a license, you can get what you want mostly.

Last edited:

ry-mac75

Yeah - I'm pretty sure I'm SOL on getting any of that up here. The fact that the .22LR M4 looks too much like the real deal would be enough for the gov't to say 'no' to it.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
So, here is some food for thought. I used the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) statistical engine to see what they had to say on the subject of "dangerous guns"– and found that according to the CDC in 2005, in the United States, out of a population of 295,895,897 (All Races, Both Sexes, All Ages):

Adverse effects – Medical care Deaths and Rates per 100,000 were 2,309 for a rate of 0.78, while Unintentional Firearm Deaths and Rates per 100,000 were 789 for a rate of 0.27.

Just to introduce a little perspective, I looked at the following:
Overall Motor Vehicle Deaths and Rates per 100,000 were 45,520 deaths for a rate of 15.38

(The above figures are courtesy of the CDC’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control: http://webapp.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate10_sy.html)

Thus, doctors are more "dangerous" than guns.

To put it another way:

The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000 (Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services)

The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000 (Yes, that’s right, 80 million) (Statistics courtesy of FBI)

Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year: 120,000

Accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups: 1,500

Accidental deaths per physician: 0.171

Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.000188

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don’t kill people, doctors do."

Sparkxx1

So, here is some food for thought. I used the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) statistical engine to see what they had to say on the subject of "dangerous guns"– and found that according to the CDC in 2005, in the United States, out of a population of 295,895,897 (All Races, Both Sexes, All Ages):

Adverse effects – Medical care Deaths and Rates per 100,000 were 2,309 for a rate of 0.78, while Unintentional Firearm Deaths and Rates per 100,000 were 789 for a rate of 0.27.

Overall Motor Vehicle Deaths and Rates per 100,000 were 45,520 deaths for a rate of 15.38

(The above figures are courtesy of the CDC’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control: http://webapp.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate10_sy.html)

To put it another way:

The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000 (Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services)

The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000 (Yes, that’s right, 80 million) (Statistics courtesy of FBI)

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

rofl :steve: survey says don't go to the doctor :D

btastarsky

That is fantastic! A doctor is 9000 times more likely to kill you. Someone should pass this on to the NRA so they can throw it in the faces of all the anti-gun liberals out there.

Back to the subject of guns themselves....I love my custom ar-15. CMMG flattop upper, bushmaster lower and barrel, utg free float quadrail, eotech 512, streamlight tlr-3 mounted light, CAA "potato" vertical grip. At 25 yards I can chew a 1/2 inch hole into the bullseye. I love my work gun.

roundhouse

i took a patrol shift for a buddy so i get off at 8am tomorrow and you bet i am going to the range.

my buddy bought a DPMS panther lite at cabelas and he says mine has a better finish. i havent seen his but all i read about the DPMS is good. he will go with me so we can compare

Here's my home defense...........you never know when the Zombie out break will happen! Mossberg 590! 12GA-9 Shot!

Spunky99

My bud's got one of those with the side folder and I mounted a 40mm red dot scope on top. Bad a$$..
I like having the convenience of the Remington 1100 semi-auto tho.

k6gad

To put it another way:

LOVE THIS! And that .223 is SWEET! Too bad about your sister fearing inanimate objects!

My bud's got one of those with the side folder and I mounted a 40mm red dot scope on top. Bad a$$..
I like having the convenience of the Remington 1100 semi-auto tho.
I thought about the auto loader, but the sound of a pump actions is universal!

6R Blackout

Agreed

That is fantastic! A doctor is 9000 times more likely to kill you. Someone should pass this on to the NRA so they can throw it in the faces of all the anti-gun liberals out there.

Back to the subject of guns themselves....I love my custom ar-15. CMMG flattop upper, bushmaster lower and barrel, utg free float quadrail, eotech 512, streamlight tlr-3 mounted light, CAA "potato" vertical grip. At 25 yards I can chew a 1/2 inch hole into the bullseye. I love my work gun.
I totally agree that the NRA needs to know that statistic. Only one problem most people wouldn't believe it, most people don't want to believe the truth. http://www.600cc.org/forum/images/smilies/surrender.gif

ry-mac75

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member