Fixing A Paint Chip and Seized Rear Peg

Chaz

As you can see in the picture I have attached. My new bikes only cosmetic defect is a paint chip the size of a pea. I wouldn't worry about it but its on the tank and really noticeable. What could I use to fix this? Or where should I take it to get it fixed. Also if I have to take it somewhere is it going to be 100 bucks for a small chip like that?

Second issue, my rear peg on the left is frozen, it wont go down. I read online i just need to take it off and lube it up, but i can't seem to find an explanation on how to get this devil of a pin out.

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Brent27

For the peg, I'd spray a little WD-40 on the hinge, let it sit a bit and see if that helps. Could be as simple as a little bit of dirt in there that the WD may take car of.

Chaz

For the peg, I'd spray a little WD-40 on the hinge, let it sit a bit and see if that helps. Could be as simple as a little bit of dirt in there that the WD may take car of.
The WD40 worked! Didn't have to disassemble it or anything. Any ideas on my paint chip?

Last edited:

SixRFixR

Get the proper DupliColor paint and touch it up yourself. Even a crappy job would be less noticeable than the chip as is. Take your time and get it close.

Chaz

Get the proper DupliColor paint and touch it up yourself. Even a crappy job would be less noticeable than the chip as is. Take your time and get it close.
Sounds good, I'll look into that. Thanks for the help.

FastFreddy

My right rear footpeg was frozen too, I did the same thing, WD40 and elbow grease.

I usually hang my helmet on the left peg when starting up, so that one was fine.

My right rear footpeg was frozen too, I did the same thing, WD40 and elbow grease.

I usually hang my helmet on the left peg when starting up, so that one was fine.
I used to hang my helmet on the left peg, but then one day, apparently there was some road grime on the peg, and it got on my chin curtain, unbeknownst to me. After a couple strange looks in stores, I happened to look in my mirrors and discovered I had a streak of grease from my forehead down to my chin!

Never again did I put my helmet on my foot peg.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

catdoc

That paint chip is perfectly round and smooth. Looks like a great one to DIY. Get your touch up paint and put a drop in the defect. Let it dry. Repeat until you are fairly even with the top of the defect. You could get some clear to put on top if desired.