Fender Eliminators

uscgduncan

Hey guys, and the ladies of course, I have a few more FE's ready to go in black. PM me. $35 shipped. I can make other colors to if you want.
Stay Safe

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
These are good quality people! They look great and do an awesome job of tidying the tail.

:thumbup: to a great product!

cbzdel

I already have a FE kit but you might want to post up a few pics for the newbies just joining.. (I have already seen pics and its a good looking product though!)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some pictures of his handy work. :thumbup:

Last edited:

uscgduncan

Here are some pics of the original. The current one's do not have the 4 holes in the plate area.

One piece design
Designed for aftermarket signals
Will accept stock signals
Powdercoat finished in low gloss/satin black
Other colors available: Red, Chrome, White, Gloss Black, Yellow, Blue

Attachments

angelsneverlose

99AVENGER or USCG

can you do a write up or PM about how to hook up the stock lights... i think someone did already but i accidently deleted it...

do you ahve to splice wires?

SiGPiGomer

That would be great if someone could do a write up on how to install this FE. I just ordered one today and cant wait to get it. Just wondering on how to do the install once I get it. :thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
99AVENGER or USCG

can you do a write up or PM about how to hook up the stock lights... i think someone did already but i accidentally deleted it...

do you have to splice wires?
I think it was me in the original thread about the FE. Below is what I wrote, with a bit more added. If you need any more direction or some pictures to go with it, just let me know and I will try to get on it asap. It may not be tonight though, because I'm going to the Journey concert! :steve:

"I installed my FE without cutting the wires, just because I wanted it to remain clean with no extra connectors or electrical tape. It's a bit of a pain, but it can be done.

What you have to do is follow the wires back into the "trunk." On the right side of the tail sub-frame, you will see the wire loom and the connectors for the turn signals. They will be wrapped in a little bit of insulation, but it can just be pulled back out of the way momentarily. Disconnect the plugs, one is gray and one is black. There will also be two metal connectors for the tag light, with pieces of plastic tubing over them. Unplug these and replace the tubing over the metal connectors to prevent any possible contact between the two leads. Then once everything is loose and disconnected, the fender can be pulled off."

So, once you get the fender pulled off you need to free the stock lights from it. This is a little tricky, but isn't too bad. There is a screw in the housing for the signals that needs to be removed, but keep track of it, you are going to re-use it. Once the signals are free from the fender, you need to cut the little metal "thingy" that is around the wires. I used a pair of wire snips and just cut two little sections to release the wires. Be careful not to cut the insulation.

So now you should have the stock signals completely free from the old fender, now it's just a matter of putting it all back together. Remember, you will not use the rubber portion of the signal posts. Since I was using the stock signals, and uscg knew this, he provided me with two holes on the tabs. I just made the one for the wires a little bigger so the connector would push through it. Put masking tape on both sides of the hole and slowly drill it larger. Once that is done, feed the wires for each signal up through the "trunk" and attach the FE to the underside of the tail using the stock bolts and mounting holes.

Once your hands are free, you can re-connect the stock wires. Gray to gray and black to black. Turn the key to "ON" and verify that when you turn the left signal on, that the left one actually blinks. Same for the right. It doesn't hurt to be too cautious; we don't want to signal one way and turn another, giving cagers another reason to hate bikers. :rolleyes:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'll post a how-to in the "How-to" thread later this evening for you guys.
If you don't want to re-write a whole new how-to, you can use all or part of what I wrote above. :thumbup:

mtucker

Ok thats sounds reasonable. Does it come with the aftermarket signals as well? What method of payment do you use? thanks.