Fender Eliminator/Wrecked plate

Accident

So yea i have the targa Fe
and someone brought it to my attention that my license plate was curled up lol

Wondering what was the most likely cause of this....I set the rear suspension to *5
i don't think i weigh enough to actually hit a bump and cause this..
would my habit of provoking a wheelie cause the rear tire to hit my plate?
or am i just getting fat

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
The stock shock is for an average 130 - 150 pound rider set on #3. You can add about 5 lbs for each notch for a max of 170 lbs on #7. While you CAN weight a lot more and still ride the bike, this is what Yamaha recommends.

So, we ask.... what's an Accident weigh? ;)

It also depends on the angle of the FE and the plate prior to this. Got a pic from the side of this installed before the mishap? Thanks!

Accident

only pic i really took of my F/e the day i installed it
i weigh 175 or used to last time i checked but considering my drinking/eating habits its safe to say im prolly at around 185ish

porky45

happened to me as well when i first go mine. just bend it so it's a bit more parallel to the ground and you'll have no problems in the future.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Accident

You call that a bent plate? Man you need to hit up some bike shows. That is normal. I've seen most at such an angle you can't make out the tags and that's the way they came. Just bend it where you want and see if it bends up again. :)

Oh wait that was after the install.

Take a pic of it curled up lol.
yea first instinct was to bend it back and not take a pic....it was right about where the rear blinkers were ha
i'll take a pic of it in the morning in all its bent/bent back glory

bmw675

heres what my targa fe resulted in
setting on 5 and i weigh probably 175 with gear.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

columbus2382

happened to me to hit a bump curled the plate right up

Roaddawg

WTF! I weight 230 without gear and have the rear at 6 and I've never hit my plate. Although, I did make my own custom FE, so it's probably in a better location than your Targa.

Sage

I've got my preload on 5 and I'm around 280 no gear and haven't hit mine yet on any potholes or large bumps

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
WTF! I weight 230 without gear and have the rear at 6 and I've never hit my plate. Although, I did make my own custom FE, so it's probably in a better location than your Targa.
Yeah, yours is mounted a bit further back than his so it would be hard to knock it in with the tire.

xplodnstar

I had that happen to me too. My plate is still curly at the bottom. :)