fastest you've had your fz6r

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwilkins_2000

i finally broke 120 today on a safe long road in front of my house i did 121 took a second but ya it happend lol why are they only rated at 124? it felt like if i had more road it would do 130 pretty easy. how fast have you had yours?? i think 121 is pretty good for such a low hp bike

fz6r rider

they highest I've had mine is 126 at 10500 rpm in 6th gear definately flet like I couldve gotten higher if the road didnt curve

mwilkins_2000

fz6r rider what kind of exhaust do you have i noticed in your mods it says aftermarket....did you fab something up?? ive been thinkink about doing it

fz6r rider

as of now I'm saving up for an akrapovic can that im going to fit onto an aftermarket header kit. the reason for akrapovic is it is street legal and since the law is cracking down on illegal pipes now a days i thought this would be best not to mention the sound

cbzdel

I just hit a quick 75 then realized I needed to slow it back down :( because I am still in my break in period, I was on a freeway on ramp

fz6r rider

ahh yes i remember my break in period only lasted about a week and a half but i was so glad to get through it. this bike was meant to opened up and let loose

Talking about break in period. My bike is over 2 months old and still only has 15 miles on it. I have yet to ride it since the salesman rode it home for me. I'll be home on 1 June to finally get on it and get the feel for it. Wish me luck guys I don't drop it. I'll put my frame sliders on it before I do just in case.

fz6rwolf

I've only gone 110mph, that was fast enough but she had more to go. Break in period, my 1st day from the dealer I was 75mph riding home on I95, if not I'd have been run over LOL. I was a little easy during break in but pretty much I ride a new bike how I'm going to ride anyways and never had a problem. I routinely go 80-85 just about every day to and from work, sometimes I look down and find I'm closer to 90, this bike likes to go it's almost effortless, more so than any cruiser I've had. I need to watch it before I get ticketed, haven't had a speeding ticket on or in anything in at least 15 years:cool:

D

dantow

146mph when it was stock and just run in. after changing sprockets prob do 130 now

K2jer

I wonder if the american bikes are the same as the canadian ones. I've been to the drag strip and my speedo doesn't match the slip at all. it's almost 10mph more then your actually going.

fz6rwolf

I wonder if the american bikes are the same as the canadian ones. I've been to the drag strip and my speedo doesn't match the slip at all. it's almost 10mph more then your actually going.
All speedometers usually off from 3-7% or so showing higher than actual speed. Don't know hy but seems all manufacturers do this.

phantomxc

I haven't been above 91...There are way too many cops in Utah with nothing to do. I need to find a safe isolated place to really max it out.

D

dantow

get a speedo healer and set by gps or on a dyno if you want a true speed reading.

C

chunkygoat

My gps logs your top speed. So i turned it on and put it in my pocket. I got up to 148 on the speedometer - 145 on the gps.

And never again, i think i stained my pants.

MNDZA

I've gone about 80. I didn't even know I was going that fast until I looked at the speedo and I'm like....oops. I slowed down though because I'm afraid of getting pulled over....or crashing. These mirrors suck too so I'll probably end up speeding in front of a cop while not knowing he's right behind me!

Ooter

I've been up to 90 - I'm not sure if I'll ever go much higher than that on a public road. I just don't see the point (speeding tickets, accident risk etc)

Now if I go to a track day, thats a different story :)

fz6recon

65 on my way home on the first day...still in the break in period... :( but in the mornings on the way to work there is a decently curvy road that I've gotten back up to 60 (it's a 35 mph road, hehe). I try to make it my goal every morning to go faster than I did the day before on a curve. There is usually very little to no traffic in the mornings (5 am). I plan on getting on I10 soon and opening it up and seeing what happens...

M

M3Sharif

128mph at 11k RPM in 6th gear before my great deserted stretch of highway ended. Prob had a couple more mphs to give but that was about it. My guess is 130ish is top speed.

I hope I'm not turning into a :squid:

fz6rwolf

I think it's natural when you get a new bike no matter how many you've owned that just once you want to see what it'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.