Fairings questions

Nrstar8088

Hi.

Unfortunately I scraped my oem fairings on my 2013 fz6r. I have the royal blue/black and a little white/silver one.

I looked at oem parts and see the fairings but how do I know which color fairings they are?

Basically how can I order oem fairings for my specific oem blue/black design?

Or are they just black and I also have to order a set of decals separately and put them on myself?

Also if I did decide to get the aftermarket fairings fitted anyone know the quality of them? I've seen a few different sites selling what they say is abs plastic and I think that is what oem fairings are made from correct?

I wish I would have practiced emergency stopping. Sigh.

But lesson learned.

Appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer.
Thanks

Attachments

Jerzee55

Hi.

Unfortunately I scraped my oem fairings on my 2013 fz6r. I have the royal blue/black and a little white/silver one.

I looked at oem parts and see the fairings but how do I know which color fairings they are?

Basically how can I order oem fairings for my specific oem blue/black design?

Or are they just black and I also have to order a set of decals separately and put them on myself?

Also if I did decide to get the aftermarket fairings fitted anyone know the quality of them? I've seen a few different sites selling what they say is abs plastic and I think that is what oem fairings are made from correct?

I wish I would have practiced emergency stopping. Sigh.

But lesson learned.

Appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer.
Thanks

Attachments
Go to the parts listings on a Yamaha parts dealer, and there seems to be a DPBMC color code, deep purple blue metalic color, which may be the 'correct' color of your bike. The side panels are can be purchased as an assembly (or at least there is a part number). If you look on the parts list under Frame, Cowling 2, Part 21 is the assembly, 26, 27, and 28 are the decals (for that side). I may have shown the wrong side of your fairing, but you get the idea, otherwise the assembly is 1, the decals 5,6, and 7. :) Pretty pricey stuff, if it is available. :) Maybe buff out any plastic scratches after you remove the decals, and reapply new ones, or forget the decals. :)) Some guys just wrap their bikes in those plastic graphics covers, for a custom color. :)) Good luck!

Just_Jim

If you buy the OEM fairings as an complete assembly, the decals are already installed. No need to buy them seperately.

Nrstar8088

Tyvm guys for info.

Jim that's what I wanted to hear.. that the panel would come with decals already.

That's good to know.

And jersey yes maybe I can try and buff out the minor scrapes and put new decal. Thankfully it looks like the main panel is the only area effected ( as far as cowling/fairings)

I saw a set for 90$
I'm still undecided if I should get my insurance to pay fur it.

I wish there was a way to calculate how much insurance would increase based on claim payouts.