Ok not my bike tho. My sisters fiancé just bought a bike from NH and he took
it today to get inspected and it failed for the rear tire. Is this like a car
where the dealer should pay for the tire . Aren't they supposed to make sure
it will pass state inspection ? Any info will help Thanx
Oh Picked the bike up yesterday

Last edited:

Andy

As is.

I would bet somewhere on the sales paper work it says "as is". Suprised new tires werent installed and bumped selling price up.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

ANMFZ6R

Thanx guys I'll look at the lemon law and see. But shouldnt the bike HAVE to pass inspection in the state where he lives? They basically could sell a bike with bald tires and say it would pass here?

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

ANMFZ6R

Talk to the dealer...they may be willing to help out on it or take care of it... especially if it is a reputable (sp?) dealer

Dealerr told him to pound sand, In a nice way, They are not doing anything, :bsflag:

Just gald I didnt get my bike there, LOL was going to and cahnged my mind at the last second and stayed local.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ANMFZ6R

call them out... bbb, online reviews... just give them the works of bad reviews for selling vehicles that don't meet minimum safety standards...

and let them know... sometimes a few bad reviews will change their mind.
Thanx for sure will do yelp also. :)

Pinarello Rider

call them out... bbb, online reviews... just give them the works of bad reviews for selling vehicles that don't meet minimum safety standards...

and let them know... sometimes a few bad reviews will change their mind.
This is good advice. Maybe even offer to pay for the new tire, at a discount.

Conversation goes something like this.

"I'm pretty upset with how this happened. But can we meet halfway? I pick out the new tire and pay for it, say 25% off retail, you pay the labor to install. That way all of my friends will hear that we were able to work something out. You sold me a bike that couldn't pass inspection, and I'm sure you can appreciate how that would leave a pretty sour taste in my mouth. Other riders in the used bike market would be interested in this type of information."

I live in Mass. and bought my FZ6R in a private sale in NH. Turned out the seller was on this forum, so there was no problem and the bike was in great condition.

Anyway, though, can you post the name of the dealer here, so others can know to beware of that dealer?

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

ANMFZ6R

To answer a few questions at once. No about the tire, he's a noob
LOL But it was the first thing my husband said when he saw the bike " your gonna need a tire you know".
An buying in NH he didn't take the bike anywhere just took their word that the bike was I'm good shape. The dealer was National Power Motorsports.

ANMFZ6R

Ok so now this just keeps getting worse, this place really sux please NO ONE go there . .... So we are all go out riding an for dinner and laser tag(husband in is G37- an my sister on here VStar) out for his Birthday Saturday night. Where are on 128 heading to Dedham and we get off at 1A and stop the traffic light and BOOM his bike breaks down and wil not restart ?? So he pushes it off the road and calls for a tow :(. He sends a email to them telling them he just broke down and had to have it towed . They get right back to him with a email, stating they are sorry and they do what they can to get him back on the road .

Now to Monday --.. They call him and say they are not towing back to them but to another dealer closer to us for them to look at, which really isn't that bad but here comes the sh*t , So he ( sisters fiancé) says sure that's cool but what about the $140 I pad to tow the bike home?? They reply with " um yea we don't pay for tows" WTF are you kidding me he just bought the bike 7 days ago? They also said " yea we NEVER pay for tows especial for mechanical issues on bikes those things happen all the time, we would only pay of it was something that was our fault , something we missed on our services or check up"FN really ok
Let start with the open RECALL you missed when you serviced the bike before sale . ( probably the reason the bikes won't start) there is an open recall for the generator over charging the battery and shutting everything down and or possibly frying th ECU. Two what good is their " warranty" you know the one month 1000 mile warranty he has or you get when you buy a veihicle?
So he called the BBB in New Hampshire and the Attonery Generals office and filed claims against them . But here he has a 7k bike that's just going to sit in the shed till this is ironed out. What a FN dirty bag of a dealer.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

ANMFZ6R

No he did get a tire and got it inspected . On that following Tuesday.
AMA is that a bike insurance ? Or like AAA

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member