F6 front fork swap

Spunky99

Has anyone checked into this yet?

If you buy a used R6 complete front end with triple tree etc, will it fit onto the FZ6r?
Seems like an alternative to the complete RaceTech setup and you get the upside down cartridge setup.

jlawson378

Has anyone checked into this yet?

If you buy a used R6 complete front end with triple tree etc, will it fit onto the FZ6r?
Seems like an alternative to the complete RaceTech setup and you get the upside down cartridge setup.
it seems like it would work, i am thinking about doing the same thing. let me know if you find out anything

JSP

Super Moderator
it seems like it would work, i am thinking about doing the same thing. let me know if you find out anything

Check the post right before yours...

phenchick

What about swapping a set of conventional forks from an R6? Non USD forks. I know the R6s's had adjustable forks that were conventional. Any one try it?

Hellgate

What about swapping a set of conventional forks from an R6? Non USD forks. I know the R6s's had adjustable forks that were conventional. Any one try it?
You'd need an FZ6 or R6S triple as they are 43mm vs 41mm of the 6R. You'd also need the brake calipers too as the bolt pattern is different. Finally you may need R6S rotors too. They are 310mm, not sure what the 6R is.

That said the R6S forks are great.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk