Exhaust mod - new question - I swear

ry-mac75

Hi all - especially to those that have done the do-it-yourself exhaust mod.

Just curious, has anyone that has completed the DIY mod tried to trade in or sell the bike after the fact? I was wondering if it did anything to the trade in value.

Mart Man FZ6R

Just curious, has anyone that has completed the DIY mod tried to trade in or sell the bike after the fact? I was wondering if it did anything to the trade in value.
If you're trying to trade it at the dealer, maybe. Selling private party, not likely. I know the dealer that did my first service liked what I had done. Loud enough that the cagers will look for you, but not so loud that it drives people insane. I think the quality of how the job is done will be the most import factor.

MikeN02

I only messed with my passenger peg. I kept my stock exhaust alone so in case I do sell it I'll throw it back on.

Spunky99

This is why I bought the headers and am doing a complete replacement of the stock exhaust. When I go to sell it, I can put it back to stock.

ry-mac75

See - that's what I thought. If I trade it in w/ a TBR pipe or sell it... I'm pretty sure no one is going to complain at all (after all - they don't have to lay out the bucks for it now). However, if they see the stock pipe has been hacked at and a tip has been welded on - I might scare them off.

DocFZ

I did the exhaust mod on my bike and made the hole the same diameter as the outlet. Dealer said besides the sound they could not even tell it had been done. Its got the same tip and everything, just punctured the pipe inside.