Exhaust/Bike lifespan

Mitchmac

Hello -

First post on the forums here. I bought a 2007 FZ6R at the end of last summer and I was wondering a little bit about other peoples experience. Is this a pretty dependable bike that will last a while? It currently only has 8000 miles on it and I'm wondering if it will last anything as long as my ninja 500 did (40k) miles.

The reason I ask is because I'm considering whether I should upgrade or get a new exhaust. I love the bike so I'm thinking of getting a new exhaust and keeping the bike for a while.

If you agree, does anyone know of the cheapest way to get a new exhaust on it for a little more noise? The stock exhaust is so quiet, it's the one thing I don't like about the bike.

Thanks!

BluePill

Did you mean 2009 model year? That was the first year of sale in the USA.

In any case, you can reasonably expect at least 50K miles of trouble free service unless you savagely beat the bike or don't keep up with maintenance.

Keep in mind that the fizzer is only 78 HP, vs. 130 HP on the YZF-R6 that the engine evolved from.

And Yamaha is the most reliable according to Consumer reports: Who Makes the Most Reliable Motorcycle? - Consumer Report

Put "Muffler" into the search bar near the top of the page and see all the many mods done so far, I stay stock because of a lot of touring.

Last edited:

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member