Exhaust and Power Commander Help

Howdy! I just purchased the TBR exhaust and a Dynojet Power Commander V for my bike. I was wondering if there is anything else I need to purchase for the PC in order to make it all run properly!? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

phantomxc

I'm pretty sure you will want a dyno tune from an authorized Power Commander tuner? You can search on their website for the closest location to you.

A

AJ_rider

Since you're going with the PC, you might also consider getting an aftermarket air filter like K&N or BMC as most of the stock PC maps include Air Filters as a condition. I run the K&N on my bike and believe it makes a significant difference.

Dyno tuning would be ideal but also very expensive, if you can get some time on a Dyno go for it but it's not completely necessary.

cbzdel

I did not read up on the AutoTune (my webservice is going almost 56k slow this morning), I just checked out the discribtion of what it does and it sounds pretty cool, if you had that would you even need to Dyno tune it?

S

SovietRobot

I did not read up on the AutoTune (my webservice is going almost 56k slow this morning), I just checked out the discribtion of what it does and it sounds pretty cool, if you had that would you even need to Dyno tune it?
A dynotune would negate the "autotune" feature.

The AutoTune is basically a wideband O2 sensor that uses A/F ratio readings to set a predetermined map.
In theory it's the best thing ever.

But I would suggest a dynotune by a professional for about the same cost.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Whats the difference between a juice box and a power commander? Is one better than the other?:confused:
I think the main difference is that a PC remaps the ECU and requires the user to load the maps from a computer. Where the JB does not remap the ECU, instead it just adjusts the fuel input based on user settings from a LED control panel installed on the bike.

At least, that is my understanding on the limited research I have done for both.

Here are the links to each from the Two Brothers website to get a better idea what each one does.
Two Brothers Racing :: Performance Products :: Juice Box
Two Brothers Racing :: Power Commander

Hope this helps!