double bubble rattle

jakeaz

Has anybody had trouble with their windshield rattling at lower rpms

JSP

Super Moderator
Tons have... Its generally not the screen. Its where the fairing meets the black plastic usually around the gauge cluster. Do a search for buzz and have fun :thumbup:

Alex6

Tons have... Its generally not the screen. Its where the fairing meets the black plastic usually around the gauge cluster. Do a search for buzz and have fun :thumbup:
Is this a known issue for the older FZ6R only, or it is present across all years models?
Thanks,
-A.

JSP

Super Moderator
All years are identical except color, so its going to be common on all. You can spread it open and put some padding in there to stop it or get creative ;)

Alex6

All years are identical except color, so its going to be common on all. You can spread it open and put some padding in there to stop it or get creative ;)
I know that 2009-2012 models are identical, but I was just hoping that Yamaha had addressed the rattle issue down the line - because mine 2011 does not rattle ... yet. :)

JSP

Super Moderator
I've not seen anything where Yamaha has even acknowledged that it exists so I doubt it. Lots rattle, lots don't... Just luck of the draw it seems.

Gwai lo 2.0

My stock wind screen never rattled but as soon as I put the GTYR bubble on it started. I just used those little sticky foam coins.

linkgt

An easy way many people have suggested to fix the rattle issue in relation to the windshield, is to put in a plastic thing(sorry forgot name of it...:confused: lol) in between the screw and the windshield.. like

See the plastic in between the screw and windshield? that should reduce the noise significantly, at least for me it did.

BoneJj

you mean plastic washer?

those can be had just about anywhere pretty easily and for the cheap.

BoneJj

YES! a washer! lol thank you! I don't know why i forgot what they were called. I must be getting old *only 23*
hell, I have nearly 8 years on you.... Shouldn't I be the one with those problems?