Don't Tell Your Mom

JSP

Super Moderator
Ew... say bye bye to all your skin in a triple digit crash with no protective gear... Nice vid though :cool:

MikeN02

Ew... say bye bye to all your skin in a triple digit crash with no protective gear... Nice vid though :cool:
Eh, was our choice on what we wear. I trust my friends and myself enough not to get into an accident from a little riding.

Though I did experience something new... thought I was hitting bigs left and right as my arms kept stinging but it was a truck full of dirt on it's bed.

I usually wear my gear but today was extra hot 83+ degrees F, so I just threw on my Icon Field Armor and Frank Thomas XTI Mesh Pants

porky45

I trust my friends and myself enough not to get into an accident from a little riding.s
It's not your friends you need to be worried about. Its the road, random debris in the road, cars, trucks, bugs...

I don't think jspansel was referring to your friends being the problem. I wear my mesh joe rocket jacket in 100+ weather. Ya..it's hot, it's also better to sweat then to lose my skin in the event of an accident

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

I'd rather sweat than bleed.

The more gear I can get on the better I feel. All it will take is one night in the ER getting gravel scrubbed out of your road rash that will change your mine. And like proky said, it's not your friends that will get you in a crash, it's things outside your control. Especially at those speeds.

I think I can speak for a lot of the group when I say thank you for being one the reasons our insurance rates continue to climb.
As I mentioned before, it's all about your own preferences. You can tell others its bad etc, but in the end it's their decision. If I get into an accident and bleed, then I know it was 50% my fault for hurting because I didn't wear a jacket.

And don't take this the wrong way, but a sport bike is a race replica which is made to be street legal. That is also a reason why insurance is high for bikes, if you want insurance to be cheaper and still enjoy the freedom and wind then theres always the option of getting a cruiser or Harley.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the one nice thing I can say is that you were doing head checks for vehicles in your blind spots.

Now, for the bad. The rules strictly state that topics pertaining to breaking the law do not belong on the forum. And being that no interstates in the USA have speed limits in the triple digits, this falls under that category. I don't want to be rude about this, but I would like for you to take the video down or edit it with a smiley face or something to block your speeds.

I know your riding style and preferences are your own, but rules are rules for this forum.