Does anyone have Puig Pro frame sliders?

littlepinecone

So I'm looking into frame sliders, and I'm interested in the Puig Pro frame sliders, but I'm really having a difficult time picturing what they would look like on the bike. All the pictures I've found just show extreme close ups of the sliders. Does anyone happen to have these, and would you be willing to post pics?

Also, i know they have model specific markings, and when i entered my make/model/year on one of the websites, it flipped up a picture of the sliders with "CBR" on them. Is that accurate? And if so, is it the kind of thing that would come off with acetone?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Y

yellowfz

Looking at discript :
These new frame sliders are made of High Impact nylon which gives strength on impact and while sliding

Features a wider surface providing greater capacity to protect the bike

An interchangeable rubber end unit helps the rider avoid personal injuries on knee and leg and is available in different colors

The sliders are supplied with instructions for an easy and quick assembling process, and they do not require any modification

All sliders are black with grey bumpers

* Each slider has model specific markings, please see multiview for examples [so sounds like they will have FZ6R on them]

Just speculation though , maybe you can be the first to try and let us know . :confused:

Chucker

Also, i know they have model specific markings, and when i entered my make/model/year on one of the websites, it flipped up a picture of the sliders with "CBR" on them. Is that accurate? And if so, is it the kind of thing that would come off with acetone?
I'm pretty sure that's just a sample picture, and they would say FZ6R, or Puig if FZ6R isn't available.

littlepinecone

Looking at discript :
lol, thanks yellowfz, believe it or not, I *did* read the description (on multiple websites). and i've seen pics, so i know what they look like, i just want to see what they look like actually on the bike...where more than 4 square inches of bike are showing in the pic.

I think they look pretty neat in the pictures, but I just can't decide if once I got them on the bike, would they be super noticeable and detract from the overall "look" or would they make it look better?

I'm pretty sure that's just a sample picture, and they would say FZ6R, or Puig if FZ6R isn't available.
I was wondering about that too, and after the CBR one flipped up, i tried playing around with some other popular bikes' makes and models, and those all showed up correctly labeled. So I was wondering if maybe just the wrong picture got attached to the FZ6R's file, or if they really were just like "eh, the CBR one is close enough, the 6R's can use it too..."

I'm still really up in the air about this. I'm kind of leaning toward these ones rather than the Shogun's but I'm also trying to decide if its worth it to spend the extra money on something whose job is (theoretically, and God forbid) to get all scraped up. I know its not a life or death decision, but its what's been occupying my mind for the last few days.

Flipflash

Elite Member

bobski

Sorry this doesn't really answer your question . . just an observation. I'm sure the Puig sliders would do the job of protecting the frame as 'frame sliders' are supposed to do but I think drops or tip overs from curious lookers in parking lots etc. are much more common than actual slides so for my money I think I prefer the standard Shogun etc. that stick out and protect the fairings.

txjames

Elite Member

littlepinecone

Did you find my pics? I like the look much better than the skate board wheel looking ones. They have a rubber tip to soften the blow on your leg if they ever kick but your leg would have to really get up there to make a difference.
I did! Thanks! Those were pretty much exactly the kind of pics I was looking for. I*do* really like the look of them on the bike. I think Jeff kinda thinks I'd be wasting my money on them (rather than the shogun or t-rex), so I'm still debating.

I think the shogun ones are pretty much out of the running now (I really didn't like how round-y and tube-like they were), but the TRex ones could be acceptable, they seem to have a sturdier mounting too. Like they might be able to take more strain in a collision before bending/breaking.

I guess I'm just a little concerned that the Puig ones, being offset from the mounting bracket a little, might bend if they hit the ground too hard. Or is that a moot point because if you are hitting the ground that hard then you will have bigger problems to worry about?

As you can see, i'm still having trouble deciding...

txjames

Elite Member

Flipflash

Elite Member