Different front fascia

Doncan

I would really like to change the front upper fascia of my bike for the one on the XJ6 Diversion model. I think it looks cleaner without the fake intake ducts. Any imput in regards of fitment keeping the lower fairings on my bike and if it's possible to get it here in the US ??

JSP

Super Moderator
Can you just take the air scoops off? I know the fz doesnt have that side cut out though... But I dont think you could keep both as the fz has a full side one piece fairing. You would have to do some cutting to get the lower half.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I imagine that it could be done. And it even looks like the XJ6 side fairings and belly pan have the same bolt location for attaching them. So I don't think you would have any trouble using the XJ6 front/upper fascia with the FZ6R side fairings.

yfz6r

That won't fit our bike. Look at where the inserts are- they go along the lower fairing as well as the upper fairing of the xj6. On ours the side fairing doesn't touch the inserts, only the upper. So if you mounted that upper fairing, then the side fairings, there would be a gap between the two.
So for this to be done, you would have to make some custom inserts, find a way to lower that front upper fairing, and do some cutting and molding on the side fairings.