DDM Tuning HID lights

Chas3r

The issue that I have every time I start my bike my lights turn on and off instantly.. The strange part is that when I turn the key all the way off, and start the bike up again the lights stay on.. Any ideas?

yfz6r

That's really weird. If it does this consistently, it's probably not a short. I'd call the manufacturer about this one. Very unique problem.

Nick89

The ballast is charging up. When you turn the bike off then back on the ballast still has charge. When you shut the bike off for a while the ballast loses its charge.

mjesenovec

I notice in your signature that you have a 55W HID kit. I do know that 55w kits need a little more initial amperage to fire up than the 35W kits. ddm's website says they both need just under 6amps to fire, and just over 3amps to run...but the 55W is going to be a bit higher, even if only by a small amount. Maybe try turning your key to ON for 10 seconds or so before starting the bike? If not, might want to humor yourself and try a 35W 6000K kit (so your color will be very close to the same).

Also, are you using the ddm motorcycle kit with the extra high/low controller, or are you just using a plug-and-play automotive HID kit?