Custom rim tape

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Ok people, I am having some custom rim tape made for the FZ6R. I am going with reflective yellow with black text. I have two options shown in the picture. Which do you guys like better?

Yamaha FZ6R or just FZ6R??

Attachments

SiGPiGomer

The one with only FZ6R on it.

Question... I heard that the rim tape peels off real easy after a couple months. Any response to this.:thumbup:

r0bot

I would also say second. As for the peeling not sure, bought tape and havent yet applied it.

oyamyers

I'd go with just the FZ6R. you should post pic's when you put them on so we can all see them.

MNDZA

The one with only FZ6R on it.

Question... I heard that the rim tape peels off real easy after a couple months. Any response to this.:thumbup:
I've had mine on for less than two months I believe...and it is starting to peel a tiny bit at the ends. Just gotta be careful when cleaning your wheels....I was going against the "grain" when wiping them and causing this problem.

cbzdel

My wheel tape has been on for a month and already pealing off :(

O-turn

Partier
I like the FZ6R or just Yamaha

Mine has been on for a few months and is still ok as far as I can see...

phocoyote7

I had the white reflective on before and man they were stuck on good, no peeling after a couple months. Not so sure if these will last as long, but hoping so. I like the FZ6R, I was considering that but I have FZ6R on side, tank pad, and winshield. I just wanted the Yamaha. Here is pics again for you guys to see. I'm lovin' this look will cry if they fade or start peeling.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I had the white reflective on before and man they were stuck on good, no peeling after a couple months. Not so sure if these will last as long, but hoping so. I like the FZ6R, I was considering that but I have FZ6R on side, tank pad, and winshield. I just wanted the Yamaha. Here is pics again for you guys to see. I'm lovin' this look will cry if they fade or start peeling.
That's who I'm having do mine. Nice guy to work with. Hope the quality is good. We might send him a ton of business.

cbzdel

where did that rim tape come from? I really like it!

I would like red with black YAMAHA on it though..

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
where did that rim tape come from? I really like it!

I would like red with black YAMAHA on it though..
I am getting mine from the same place as phocoyote7. Dunstan Graffix ([email protected]) he is an ebay user, but he is doing my tape outside of ebay. Just send him an email and tell him what you want. Been a good guy to work with so far.

phocoyote7

ramflyer1899

demon408

where did u get ur tape at

just wondering where u got ur tape at. thanks

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone seen Yellow that would match the Yellow FZ6R?
I've got some yellow reflective tape that comes close, but not quite a match. When I get it on, I will take some pictures.

phocoyote7

Do they offer reflective tape? If not, do you know where I might be able to get reflective tape? I have the blue bike - still can't decide on white of blue. Since you've had both what do you think?
Yes he will do reflective if you ask him, but it gets quite more expensive, I was considering reflective but decided not to.

just wondering where u got ur tape at. thanks
I got them from dustangrafix, follow link's in post. I added the reflective striped part from another set of wheel stripes to give it a more unique look. I really like the look so I hope this don't start to fade or peel off.

Yone

Does the standard 17" / 6mm rim sticker size fit our wheels?