Crashing down and continuing on

Man

Unfortunately yesterday I went down near DC Memorial Parkway. I was cruising with a few friends when we went into a corner. There was a little barrier that was 1 foot off the ground which i didn't see. I was told from the dude riding behind me I was on it while taking the corner and when it road straighted out my bike went back on the normal road and crashed. Slid a good 30 feet and thank good I was wearing a Jacket, Helmet, and boots. Bike was sparking up and did a few flips. I was very surprised my jeans were actually in great shape afterwards, just a few rips. Shift lever had bent and the kickstand. I was able to put the shift lever back in place ( Thank good for the mini toolkit), however kickstand is still bent. Bike dumped a little oil but runs great. Thinking the night was over after the crash me and my riding group decided to go down to Baltimore and cruise some more ( around 5 more hours...VA to Baltimore and back), during the ride even though my mind was a little frighted from the crash, I wouldn't give up riding ever. Here are some picks of the aftermath and can someone give me tips to straighten the kickstand lol.

Attachments

catdoc

First off I am glad you are ok. That could have been a lot worse. I would suggest you consider buying some of the kevlar reinforced jeans they have available. I suggest you buy a new kickstand. A repair of that damage will weaken the metal. Not worth chancing it failing. Maybe wraps on the fairings?

ksk operator 1

Glad your ok man. If you want to save money you can sand he fairing down. repaint and go. thats what i did. make sure you remove the decals if you do though. and prime before painting. but thats way less than ordering new sides. from the pics though. you will probably need a new front. I just happen to hav e that . i crashed the right side. and could send you the black piece form the front. aIll take pics for you and send them to you pm.

but yeah. not the end of the world. glad youre ok man:)

Man

Thanks man I haven't gotten to repair the bike yet but from what I've seen it will just snap back on, ill let you know if it doesn't. Thanks.