contemplating

Anakai559

thank you all for your input and suggestions ill be sure the next time i go in ill ask him to raise the seat slightly.
Same boat here also, almost bought ninja 650r. But then heard the fz6r motor and feel In Love with it. The twin motor sounds more like a dirt bike and the fz6 sounds like a regular car. It really depends on what you like, everyone has there own opinion. The manual also show you how to adjust the seats and other stuff you need.

creggur

thank you all for your input and suggestions ill be sure the next time i go in ill ask him to raise the seat slightly.
If your sales-dude is anything like mine he won't even know the feature exists. You have to remove the front seat and flip the plate underneath around to get the higher pillars that the seat rests on in the right position. Takes about 2 minutes to do, but wouldn't surprise me if the salesman doesn't even know it's possible.. Just a heads up...

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

pyrocpu

Also remember, on the FZ6R, the bars can flip around and be 20mm further away for you taller folks!

I test rode a Ninja 650, a Gladius, and the FZ6R. My biggest turnoffs for the Ninja were:
* Lots of vibrations
* Engine sounded agricultural. Sounded like it belonged in some riding lawn mower.
* Tachometer difficult to read at speed. Hell, the whole instrument cluster was difficult to read at speed.
* Brakes severely lack feel
* Bars are weird. I can't describe it; it just didn't feel natural.

Narrowed it down to the Gladius and the FZ6R: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f87/fz6r-suzuki-gladius-18038/?highlight=gladius+fz6r

The choice for me... well, I'm on this board a lot. :D

2w05thletes

As a sales rep for the company i worked for, I had to know the ins and outs of everything from various piping systems and their chemical and application compatibilities, to the technical working of analytical instruments, valves, pumps etc... and how they applied to any number of industries from pharmaceutical research and manufacturing, to waste water treatment, to the aquatics industry. We had over 300 vendors, all with full product lines. We had 14000 part numbers in our computer system. So learning the features and benefits of a couple of dozen motorcycle models (something I love) to make sure I don't look like a moron to the customer who's been doing research and is coming to me for help deciding what bike to buy, seems like it should be pretty damn easy. ;)
I know you're going back to school, but perhaps you should look into working part time at a Yamaha dealer. Extra $$ and hey...you get to talk about bikes...AND probably get a nice discount.

JonKerr

Elite Member