Concealed Carry

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I've carried a shotgun on my bike before....
uploadfromtaptalk1343675502324.jpg

Anyway, I use my Supertuck at about 5:30 and never had any trouble with revealing my pistol when riding. I've also used a shoulder holster on a 1650 mile trip. Turns out that it fits well under any jacket, but the uneven weight distribution on my shoulders was more uncomfortable than having it holstered IWB.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FitZ6R

I don't usually carry, but a J frame in a pocket holster is my favorite anytime, anywhere option.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

pfcreed

I just carry in my holster if the wind blows it up and I get pulled over I just show my badge. I only need to make a reasonable attempt to conceal with fed carry.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

LS6TT

Pa has an open carry without a CC permit. Don't see how an exposed gun breaks any law. I know most cops everywhere Ive been think they're the only ones that should carry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Exposed firearm is considered to scare the general public, in Texas no open carry and printing is illegal as well.

Cops aren't always around to save me, but my handgun is.

Alex6

I see a lot of good points for IWB and agree that having a gun in the tank/tail bage is not a preferred option.
But when I ride I always wear the m/c specific pants. So no belt/belt loops on those. How would you secure the IWB holster, or even the OWB holster to the m/c pants?

LS6TT

I see a lot of good points for IWB and agree that having a gun in the tank/tail bage is not a preferred option.
But when I ride I always wear the m/c specific pants. So no belt/belt loops on those. How would you secure the IWB holster, or even the OWB holster to the m/c pants?
My crossbreed works good with no belt, but not great. You could consider buying a riggers or duty belt since you don't need loops.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

l1tech

When riding I carry my Taurus TCP ultra compact, it fits perfectly in my chest pocket in my jacket with a pocket holster. Easy access even with gloves on. Fits nicely in front pants pocket when the jacket comes off.

Roaddawg

When riding I carry my Taurus TCP ultra compact, it fits perfectly in my chest pocket in my jacket with a pocket holster. Easy access even with gloves on. Fits nicely in front pants pocket when the jacket comes off.
I do the same with my S&W bodyguard 380. Use to carry Glock 27 in a vertical shoulder holster, but that sucked when you want to take the jacket off.

How ever you carry, think about if you go down and where the placement is...not just for injuries, but where your gun may end up.

BoneJj

I like that style of holster, it seems a little large but still nice.
This is what I do with my 38 special, S&W, it's an ultra compact bun and I really like it, it's the perfect concealed carry for me IMO.

I am also a fan of the underarm / shoulder holsters. They are about the best and easiest IMO to use. It keeps the gun in a very comfortable position and also you don't sweat into fabric of your holster as much. I typically wear a white shirt and a polo or button up shirt as it is so for me it's a great fit. Though I need to switch to collarless shirts, collars and bikes don't get along all that well, they like to flap around. Shoulder holsters FTW

z21-i

Thanks for the link, that is one I have not seen this one before, think I want to try one.

I generally carry when I ride. What i carry and how I carry it depends on where and how far I am going. My 2 favorites are a Springfield XD sub-compact in a crossbread and a S and W Bodyguard 380 in a pocket holster. I do occasionally put the gun in my tank bag for comfort. If you position the gun and zippers properly it can be accessed quickly. When I get off the bike I put it on my person. No laws in Louisiana about printing or open carry so I really do not care if someone happens to see me taking the gun in and out of the tank bag, I am legal.