Clutch lever spring..

photoman002

Does anyone have a part number or place that I can buy this replacement spring? I was changing my chain and sprockets today and noticed this piece was broken.. (See photos attached) right now the clutch is operating normally so I don't know if this spring keeps tension on it so the clutch doesn't disengage when I hit a bump or something. I want to fix it to be safe and not sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmw675

photoman002

That was the right part! Thanks for the help. Now that I got it in the mail, looks like an easy part to replace... Anyone else have to replace it and have insight/tips/tricks?

adamo3957

That was the right part! Thanks for the help. Now that I got it in the mail, looks like an easy part to replace... Anyone else have to replace it and have insight/tips/tricks?

PM me your email...

It's something like

Place 6 pack of beer in fridge (important, must be done first for adequate cooling, more on this later)
disconnect your clutch cable at hand lever,
Disconnect cable at actuator arm,
Lift actuator arm to remove (so point it to the rear of the bike and lift)
remove, replace spring,
Drink first 2 beers
Insert actuator arm (with the arm facing rear of bike)
rotate towards the front of the bike until engaged with spring.
connect cable at actuator.
connect cable at lever
adjust tension/slack
Drink next 2 beers
test ride,
Final 2 beers.

Note if having a helper you will require 2 6 packs... or reduce to 1 beer each.

photoman002

Oh man that's easier than I thought! I don't know how the darn thing broke in the first place! I'll have to put the beer on hold cause I have a ride up to the drag strip and back tomorrow and don't want any mishaps on the road.

adamo3957

Oh man that's easier than I thought! I don't know how the darn thing broke in the first place! I'll have to put the beer on hold cause I have a ride up to the drag strip and back tomorrow and don't want any mishaps on the road.

Terrible... the beer should be mandatory... but the drags is an exception...

FYI I ran 12.5 1/4 last time so... if you're looking for a guideline that's the fastest it went stock.

tho9504

Hi,
were those pics with the clutch pulled in? I noticed the notch is aligned. I wanted to adjust my clutch cable and mine is aligned when the clutch is fully pulled in. I wanted to see if those pics above were taken when the clutch was pulled in fully or not?

Thanks..