Cheveron 91 w/ Techron

bjs045

Anyone else use this gas?

Just wondering because 1300 miles later I had power loss again. Last time the shop said it was a defective spark plug in cylinder 1 that fried. We'll see what the outcome is next week.

JSP

Super Moderator
I've used Chevron Premium a bunch in my R6 with no probs at all... its either that or Shell.

Spunky99

I've used Chevron Premium a bunch in my R6 with no probs at all... its either that or Shell.
Shell only for me...91 octane or Unocal/76 Union 91 if I have to.

Detrich

i'd try a different station then, rather than brand, and see if it makes a difference....

reason-being, my uncle used to own a gas station. and, from what he told me, gas stations normally buy gas from their suppliers. but, if they run low and the delivery supply schedule cannot be met, they'll buy from anywhere in distribution to keep the pumps rolling. so, in theory, if u roll into a Unocal station, you may or may not be getting Unocal gas, and the same with all other stations. it just depends on how efficiently -that- particular station manages its gas inventory.

i used to use Unocal 91 from the same gas station in alhambra... my bimmer would get check engine lights every now & then. so, then i switched to a Chevron 91 at a different station, and i've never had that issue anymore. i fill up both my cars and the 6r with Chevron 91 at that station consistently nowadays... no more issues.

it might be shady, corner-cutting gas station, cuz i can't imagine all chevron gas being bad. that said, stay away from arco. i swear they mix a ton of alcohol in their gas, cuz during college i used to use arco and for the same amount, it burns up almost 1.5xs as fast.

sammy56

Detrich is absolutely right!!
My dad was in the petroleum business for over 30 years and the station would be the issue, not the brand. All stations share brand providers and is typically based on availability and proximity to supply. If you prefer Shell over say BP, guess what...you sometimes get BP gas. If your Shell station is a good one though, you should always get good gas.

LB

Detrich

right on sammy :)

actually two of my uncles both owned gas stations beore. and, they always have some of the funniest (and some scary) stories ever... i never knew that so much BS went on at gas stations. :lol: (police officers also do some really, shady stuff- but that's for a different thread.)

one of my uncles had to get a pay phone removed from his station, because the same homeless ppl would go there the same time every week to call 911 to complain of breathing problems/ chest pains. in reality, what they got was a free ride to the hospital, free checkup, free bath/ shower/ meal, and then put back on the street. and, guess what, all on the tax-payers dollar. <lol> apparently, there is some weirdo law or ordinance that penalizes the property owner if these kinda of "crank" calls get repeatedly made from the same pay phone.

i know never to own a gas station after chatting with them at family get togethers... LOL

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

milepig

What ever you choose, if you see a had truck on site GO ELSE WHERE! When they pump fuel into the tanks it stirs up trash from the bottom. I've seen the difference before and after testing as fuel exited the pumps into glass jars. Even though the systems have a filtration process crap still goes through.
What he said! I gassed up at a station when the truck was filling the tanks and my VFR ran like crap the entire tank. Never again!

Roaddawg

I've used Chevron regular gas almost primarily in my bike since new...because there is a station down the street from my home and my work. I haven't had any problems.