Check and refill intercool?

mnfz6r

Well, yesterday when my wife was practicing on the fz6r, she stall doing a u-turn, and droped the bike on the right side. The bike was pretty much horizontal. After I left the bike up, there was oil and coolant on the ground. After the bike is up, they stoped leaking, is this normal? I will top off the oil as the engine runs fine, but what about the coolant? Can I just top that off too? I assume I would have to take off the fairing to fill the coolant. Any tips would help, thanks.

MNDZA

Top off and check for any damage and leaks. Also, I recommend the MSF course for your wife. That way she can practice U-turns on their smaller bikes and not damage a brand new one that you pay for.

W

wolfc70

Well, yesterday when my wife was practicing on the fz6r, she stall doing a u-turn, and droped the bike on the right side. The bike was pretty much horizontal. After I left the bike up, there was oil and intercool on the ground. After the bike is up, they stoped leaking, is this normal? I will top off the oil as the engine runs fine, but what about the intercool? Can I just top that off too? I assume I would have to take off the fairing to fill the intercool. Any tips would help, thanks.
I am not 100% sure what you mean by intercool, but I am guessing you mean engine coolant.

Yes it is normal to have fluids leak out when a bike tips over. I am not sure where the coolant overflow bottles are on the "r" models. On the FZ6 it is on the engine block right behind the headers. Consult your owners manual on how to check and read all proper fluid levels and find out what needs to be removed to gain proper access.

mnfz6r

I am not 100% sure what you mean by intercool, but I am guessing you mean engine coolant.

Yes it is normal to have fluids leak out when a bike tips over. I am not sure where the coolant overflow bottles are on the "r" models. On the FZ6 it is on the engine block right behind the headers. Consult your owners manual on how to check and read all proper fluid levels and find out what needs to be removed to gain proper access.
I meant to say coolant, thanks for mentioning that, I edit it. I will look in the manual, thanks.