cheap Fe kit is awesome take a look

jakeaz

This past week i bought one of these off ebay 2009 2010 2011 FZ6R FZ-6R BLACK FENDER ELIMINATOR LED | eBay
It was $25 shipped to my door and stock turn signals bolt up to it. The only thing that required cutting was the license plate light wire to tie into the new led one. easiest thing i have installed in years it was dark so here is a picture of it semi done.

Attachments

mjesenovec

That's actually really simple and clean looking. It's nice to know that it's not necessary to spend $100 on a bent piece of sheet metal. Could you possibly snap a no-flash pic of the led plate light on? Just curious how well it actually illuminates the plate. If it works well, the convenience makes the price that much sweeter.

It would be sick to get this for $25, some led mini stalk signals for like $30, put an LED bulb in the stock tail, brake light modulator for $30ish...redo the entire tail section for around $100 and call it a day!

killabee

Would putting a LED bulb in the brake light make a huge difference?

mjesenovec

Would putting a LED bulb in the brake light make a huge difference?
It honestly depends on WHICH LED bulb you get. If you get high quality, high power bulbs, they are brighter than oem and look amazing. If you just get regular "meh" led bulbs, they can be dimmer than oem and look crappy. I just like having everything match. If i already have an LED plate light and LED stalk signals, it would just bother me having a regular bulb. For some extra money, i may just decide to invest in the integrated LED tail and wire up both signals for visibility.

0150r

The same seller has a kit that has mini LED turn signals with a wiring kit for $50.

Would a kit for a 2011 work on a 2012?

Alex6

The same seller has a kit that has mini LED turn signals with a wiring kit for $50.

Would a kit for a 2011 work on a 2012?
Yes, it would. There is no changes in FZ6R model from 2009 through 2012 except colors.

I actually just purchased the FE with the LED taillights and wiring kit....cant wait for it to come in!

danieljardim

That one is being in may watch list on ebay for a couple days. I really like the stocks signals better than those aftermarkets out there.

mische42

That is a nice kit for sure, and I agree that I like the idea of the stock signals, as they are nice and visible.

My issue may be my saddle bags with those stock signals sticking out back under the seat like that....thoughts???

I ordered the exact same one that 0150r has the link to..and i will post pics after the install is done

JimmyC

2009 2010 2011 fz6r fz-6r black fender eliminator plit

so I bought a similar Ebay kit as well...Just finished the install....It went smooth my only comments were as stated you need to splice the Led light wiring into the existing wires, I put the stock turn signals back on, but I had to add a washer for the turn signals to fit. Also due to the fact the stock fender bolts on and the underside from the Factory has Tapped holes, when changing to the new fender I needed to change the 4 bolts to hold the fender eliminator on....I ended up using 1/4-20 BHCS with washers on either side and nylock nuts. Any way looks great glad its done!!! Now just waiting for the good weather to start riding...

I received my FE kit two days ago, and installed it yesterday. It was a pretty simple process. The only hard thing I had to do was go to the store and buy 4 8m nuts because the nuts were on my factory rear fender to hold it in place were welded on. All of the holes lined up perfectly with factory holes.

Took some twist ties and 3m double sided tape to clean up the wires in the back.

I will post pictures and maybe put a video up of how the rear signals look. They are pretty bright considering the size.

these are the exact ones I purchased if anyone is interested!!!!!

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices