Chain Cleaning

MikeN02

I have that brush but I say it's a one time use only. It's really hard to get all the dirt and grease off of it.

I'm on my second can of that chain cleaner, it works wonders on my rim tape too!

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
With any brush, just be careful that you don't damage the O-rings. You may actually push dirt and grime down into them at the same time you are trying to clean the chain.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I never thought about cleaning the chain, how often do you have to do it?
If that is an honest statement, then I HIGHLY recommend you read your owner's manual!! Cover to cover! :spank:

It is stated that you should clean, lube and adjust the chain every 600 miles or whenever it gets wet, whether from rain or washing.

Pidge

If that is an honest statement, then I HIGHLY recommend you read your owner's manual!! Cover to cover! :spank:

It is stated that you should clean, lube and adjust the chain every 600 miles or whenever it gets wet, whether from rain or washing.

Guess I had better do that then! Both cleaning the chain and reading the entire manual.

Roaddawg

This is the main reason I bought NEW when looking for my first bike. You just never know how they guy before took care of it.