CARGO Tail Bag

mbridge51

Bought and tried out a new tail bag this weekend. The brand is CARGO. It was easy to install and worked well. Rode in the rain for 3-hours today and all contents stayed dry.

V

VEGASRIDER

I have the smaller version made by Cargo. The bag started to fade from the direct sunlight in about 6 months. It pretty much turned to light gray. It still works, but I have replaced it with a different brand.

MNDZA

Have you every thrown your leg over and forgot that the bag was there?

mbridge51

Have you every thrown your leg over and forgot that the bag was there?
Yes, forgot numerous times yesterday. When the bag is not expanded to full capacity it's fairly easy to throw a leg over it, but when it's expanded all the way out I have to put my leg over the middle of the middle of the bike.

V

vdbergj1

Thanx! You don't get nice photos on the www of the black FZ6R, just the yellow and white, a few blue. You've got nice photos :thumbup: - more of bike won't do harm...

V

vdbergj1

Sorry I now it is about the CARGO - but I have some questions. Is it the Raised Bubble from Yamaha you put on? Did you put it on from the start or have you had experienced the OEM. What is the difference?

mbridge51

Sorry I now it is about the CARGO - but I have some questions. Is it the Raised Bubble from Yamaha you put on? Did you put it on from the start or have you had experienced the OEM. What is the difference?
Yes, it is the Raised Bubble from Yamaha. I put it on after using the stock shield for a while. The angle is more steep which does seem to deflect the air more over the top of my helmet. The width is not much different so the wind/air on my shoulders is about the same. It made the biggest difference riding in heavy rain. I was able to tuck in behind it more than the stock shield, which helped.