Brand Loyalty

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I've owned a great deal of various bikes and all from different manufacturers. I used to be all Honda. Since trying my first Yamaha, I've been nothing but bleeding-blue loyal. It does not mean I won't try others or add to the stable but there will always be a Yamaha out there for me to ride. :D

ry-mac75

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.... and nothing I have ever bought from Yamaha breaks. I'm not the type of guy that has blind loyalty or anything like that - but given the performance, value, durability and overall experience, I don't see a need to change OEMs.

I'm going to bump up to a bigger bike soon and if the Fazer8 is better value than a Triumph Street Triple R - I'll move to that.

Speedv1

I wouldn't say I have any real brand loyalty, I simply buy what suits me best at the time. In the beginning I bought a Suzuki GS 500F, next I bought this bike (FZ6R), and although I love the Yamaha R6, I also share that love for the Gsxr 600, and Honda CBR 600RR. The reason why I bought the FZ6R is simple - insurance. It's part of a small category, being a "sportier" sport-touring bike. Really it's main competition is Ninja 650r and the sv650s (maybe a bit above). The issue I had is even insurance for the sv was steep. Basically the FZ6R provided me with a relatively cheap to insure bike while still providing me with a bike that looks awesome, and feels great. As soon as my insurance declines (I'm 21, so it won't be anytime soon) I'll be step up to a 600cc supersport, or maybe 750.

ry-mac75

I wouldn't say I have any real brand loyalty, I simply buy what suits me best at the time. In the beginning I bought a Suzuki GS 500F, next I bought this bike (FZ6R), and although I love the Yamaha R6, I also share that love for the Gsxr 600, and Honda CBR 600RR. The reason why I bought the FZ6R is simple - insurance. It's part of a small category, being a "sportier" sport-touring bike. Really it's main competition is Ninja 650r and the sv650s (maybe a bit above). The issue I had is even insurance for the sv was steep. Basically the FZ6R provided me with a relatively cheap to insure bike while still providing me with a bike that looks awesome, and feels great. As soon as my insurance declines (I'm 21, so it won't be anytime soon) I'll be step up to a 600cc supersport, or maybe 750.
Yeah - insurance in ontario is a bit bitchy. I had one company (JEVCO) tell me that the FZ6R is a supersport and therefore would be $4k a year to insure. I told them, execute a simple google search and you'll see that's false - they refused. Went to state farm - $70 a month. It's like they spin a big wheel or something.

Speedv1

Yeah - insurance in ontario is a bit bitchy. I had one company (JEVCO) tell me that the FZ6R is a supersport and therefore would be $4k a year to insure. I told them, execute a simple google search and you'll see that's false - they refused. Went to state farm - $70 a month. It's like they spin a big wheel or something.
Yeah, I want one that will let me buy a 600cc Supersport :( lol. But I already got a quote from TD (my insurer) and it's not a supersport, by their standards anyways.

Kspalla

Seeing as how I already have a Yamaha (FZ6R) and a Suzuki (GSX-R), and now I want to buy a Kaw, LOL -- for me there is no loyalty when it comes to bikes.

Cars, however, are another story. I drive a VW and I love my car. Love-love-love it to death. I will totally buy another one when the time comes.

I also happen to be a big fan of Michelin tires. I have them on all my bikes and on my car.
LOVE VW that was the best car i ever had and never should have sold :banghead: will get another when i can afford it, but for now chevy will have to do

I was always blinded by my fathers preference of dodges and when i got ahold of the concept that there were other car companies out there the ceiling was lifted off my way of thinking, never owned anything better than the jetta tdi.

Ry-Mac75: insurance played its role in my decision as well.... our bike handles like a supersport but insures for less, mine was $19 a month! loving it and eventually will upgrade (CCs) but for now this is plenty

Fenixgoon

loyalty for me - at least for motorcycles.

when i went to buy a new bike, i knew i wanted a yamaha. originally i was going for an FZ6 (dealership only had FZ6Rs, not that i ended up disappointed :D)

for whatever reason, once i became interested in sportbikes, yamahas just tugged at my heart like no other. i still have great respect for all of the other japanese brands, but at the end of the day, i'm a yamaha fanboy through and through :p. the only way i'd ever switch is if somoene gave me an insane deal or yamaha really started screwing up their quality.