Brakes :(

Michael Wilson

So... I think somehow I managed to warp my front brake rotars.... :banghead:

Not sure how but they always squeak when I use front brakes. Brake pads are good and I tried cleaning them as well...

I noticed when I back up my bike (no preasure on brakes) that I get a squeeking noise from the front. :spank:

Any suggestions or guesses on the problem? Like I said I think its warped rotars :banghead:

Spunky99

So... I think somehow I managed to warp my front brake rotars.... :banghead:

Not sure how but they always squeak when I use front brakes. Brake pads are good and I tried cleaning them as well...

I noticed when I back up my bike (no preasure on brakes) that I get a squeeking noise from the front. :spank:

Any suggestions or guesses on the problem? Like I said I think its warped rotars :banghead:
I got my front brakes orange hot once. Had the front brakes constantly on on the freeway until I did a stoppie and corrected the problem before continuing. They didn't warp. A little runout is acceptable and it can be measured and compared to specs to see if it is really warped enough to require replacement.

Are the pads stock?
Is the brake lever stock?
Is the squeak constant or goes with a warped rotor on and off?

FitZ6R

Unless you're feeling vibration when the brakes are applied, I doubt it's a warped rotor. Sqeaking is usually cause by the pads vibrating, and as long as the brakes are otherwise functioning normally, it's not a serious concern.

You can get a special high temp lube to apply to the back of the pads to eliminate the squeaks. Don't use anything else, becasue it will melt and get on the friction surfaces.

Last edited:

Deanohh

You could try wiping with a rag and laquer thinner to degrease the rotors. Sometimes that stops squeaking. if they were warped, you could feel them pulse when applying the brakes.

Michael Wilson

Everything is stock (brake wise)

I think I'll get some high temp lube and try that out... thanks guys

Spunky99

Everything is stock (brake wise)

I think I'll get some high temp lube and try that out... thanks guys
If it's not pulsing then some hi temp brake lube will probably be sufficient to quiet down those squeakers.
Good answer FitZ6R