Blinker Indicator Issues

First let me say hello to everyone. I have looked through this forum however this is my first post.

So i took off my regular rear blinkers and installed flush mount LED's they blink just fine but now my blinker indicator on the dash is lit up at all time. I used the same two wires that were for the old blinkers. I saw it and i tested all the wires and disconnected the blinkers one at a time and it never shuts off. Only thing different is that i broke my tag light and capped off the wires till i can get another light. The blinker indicator on the dash is lit up however if i pull on my front brake it dims and when i accelerate it gets brighter.

so any help would be great thanks in advance.

Can anyone help. Also on the 2009 FZ6R does it have two or three wires for each blinker and if so what wires am I supposed hook up I don't want running lights just the blinkers

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Gotta be patient, sometimes takes a few days for someone who might know will chime in.

I'm not sure myself, most I've heard of when installing led is the faster flashing rate (thinks a bulb is burned out), and that is fixed by installing resistors or swapping the flasher itself(plug and play), like here: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f88/flasher-relay-30257/?highlight=blinker+relay[/QUOTE

I apologize for that this is the first forum i have used. The good news is i found it a wire was hardly connected in my right front signal but thank you for your help it is really appreciated

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
The oem flasher is a bi-metalic spring type. As current flows through the bulbs it heats the spring. When enough heat is induced, it breaks the connection to cool. Once cool it makes connection until heated and the cycle repeats.

The original incandescent bulbs draw a lot more current than an LED. When the bulbs are replaced with LEDs, the current is reduced, heat is reduced and the relay either flashes real fast or just stays on because there isn't enough load or heat being made to operate correctly.

The electronic solid state flashers operate on a constant time interval so they are compatible with LED or incandescent lamps or a mix of both.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member