Blinker Bulb

Y

yellowfz

I had a blinker bulb burn out, well exploded better term. I purchased the blinker sets from Cyclegear, so I called CG and asked the price of and availability of a new bulb, guess what they don't carry one, so off to Auto parts stores, nothing that is the same.
So here is where I am at, the bulb is a Krypton BA9 T3 (BLB03) 12v 23w, can find them on Amazon, but it is odd that in UK the model seems to be prevalent and readily available (10 for like $8).
Anyone know of any other cheap source here in the US besides Ebay or Amazon?

Thanks in advance.

See red

I have led's so I don't sweat it. Have you thought of converting it? you can buy a bulb replacement, if you want to keep the corn stalks. If you don't you can get a decent surface mount. Not the same as a flush mount, these are visible from the front side and back.

Wish I had better info. for you. Good luck though.

Y

yellowfz

Thanks See red.
Sadly even through Amazon or Ebay the sources are located in UK, I have exhausted a search for US companies that carry them to no avail, well one guy wants $9.50 per bulb. Have contacted Cycle Gear and lodged a complaint and asked if they could possibly get some replacement bulbs for sale here in the states. Shouldn't be that hard seeing they carry the blinker you would think they would supply a replacement bulb too.
LED is a option just not something I want to do seeing a resistor is needed and complete bulb change in each unit, but might have to do that.
Then the question becomes which LED to buy, Jesus all this over a burned out bulb.
Cycle Gear is a great company, but come on guys at least carry replacement bulbs for products that you sell that is marketed as Cycle Gear exclusive. :eek:

NoDoze

This is where I bought my amber blinker lights for my Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator:

Fly N Cycle Motorsports

Found this (pictured below). Is that what you are looking for?

BLB03 12v23w T8.5/10 BA9S - Bag of 10, Sale $14.99 + shipping

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

This is where I bought my amber blinker lights for my Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator:

Fly N Cycle Motorsports

Found this (pictured below). Is that what you are looking for?

BLB03 12v23w T8.5/10 BA9S - Bag of 10, Sale $14.99 + shipping

Hope that helps.
Yes, thanks.
I did Google after Google and don't remember seeing this site on any search, knew that there had to be someone somewhere that carried them.

Again thanks!

NoDoze

I was in the same bind as you were a couple of years ago! After a few hours of searching, I found this place :p It was no easy feat. Frustrating because no local auto or moto store kept them in stock. WTH! :D

So, I am glad it's what you are looking for. Saves you the hair pulling I had to go through that summer not being able to ride! :D

Y

yellowfz

I was in the same bind as you were a couple of years ago! After a few hours of searching, I found this place :p It was no easy feat. Frustrating because no local auto or moto store kept them in stock. WTH! :D

So, I am glad it's what you are looking for. Saves you the hair pulling I had to go through that summer not being able to ride! :D
Yes you are a life saver, I can't thank you enough.
"Its was no easy feat." is a understatement.

Y

yellowfz

Keep a couple of extras out of that bag of 10 and sell the rest on eBay and make a small profit.
Ordered them yesterday, you need one? Came out to be about $2.11 per bulb, not bad.
Not into selling on Ebay, although a good idea.