Bike Down = New Project for winter

Andezel

Do you know what your bike did when you went down? In the first picture, the left frame slider looks like it didn't hit the road or slide along anything hard, but is instead yanked back hard enough to bend the bolt that's holding it in - did the bike hit a tree?
I'm not quite sure how the left side got smashed up, I didn't hit a tree or anything, luckily. I was going into a right hand turn and hit some gravel, the rear wheel slid out and the only thing I had time to think was "oh shit" before I was flying through the air. Something must have snagged for the bike to flip around and smash up the other side. The bike and I both ended up on the shoulder for a soft landing on the dirt.

Andezel

Here's what I did to mine. I finished it last weekend - got tired of none of the windscreens working as well as I'd like, so I went naked. I was able to mount the instrument panel to the handlebar mounts using 3/4 inch plywood aluminum border stock I bought at OSH :) I have a small flyscreen on order that I'll try next week just to fill the gap between the headlight and instrument panel.

Russ

Dude, that looks awesome!! Mind if I ask the price range for your headlight? Santa might just have to splurge this year...

Bigevildoer

Instead of replacing the tank, simply bondo it up (if and only if it's not leaking at the creases etc), sand it so the curves match the other side and repaint. Your bike is gloss black, so it's an easy match with the paint.

mtkeg

Fly screen search

While looking for pictures of fly screens I stumbled across your bike. I couldn't belive it, your fz6r looks just like mine minus the seat. Is it a corbin? I'm wanting one, but I'm not sure if their worth the price.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member